Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow posting on here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow posting on here?

Hey I am using google chrome but when I try to post a quick reply it sometimes takes upwards of 30-40 seconds before it accepts it and posts it.. and more than half the time I get an error something like invalid token or such and have to retry posting..

is this a chrome issue?
    TD-30 , DW3000 Double pedal, 3XCY-12, 2XCY14, Cy15R. 3XPD105, 3XPD125, VH12 hats, Yorkville powered 1000W P.A

Probably, but this new update has even more issues. I have complained to vB. Try Firefox for now.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

It's not much better with FF either....
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I know. It's terrible on iPad. I honestly think it's all the stupid scripting in vB. Server tests came back fine.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

So Alan – I don’t mean to be disrespectful here as others have taken some of my inquires to be so - I surly appreciate all your efforts and everything you are doing, but is there a reason we are married to vBulletin? Are there any other internet forum software or database packages that do what we are looking for with less of the issues we’ve been experiencing? I realize everything comes at a cost and without charging for access here, I’m sure that’s also a concern (I assume Kraft Music helps support some of this) but is there some other direction we/you could consider? Like I've said before, it is frustrating, particularly since it seems to be unique to this site. Again, I don't mean to be disrespectful.

Just asking….
          SKK

Comment

I know of no other forum software that will migrate from vB5. That's the problem. If we change, we lose everything. Find me solutions, and I'll look at them.
            Alan

Comment

http://gconverters.com/start/
              TD10exp, DDRUM Pro Triggers, Mapex A kit-converted,Sabian Cymbals, Axis and Trick pedals. Presonus Firestudio w/ 2 ADA8000 preamps, KRK Rokit 8 and ikey 10"sub. Custom built Core i7 920, 6GB ram, 60GB kingston SSS main, dual 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black and Dual Acer 23" monitors all on an Apex studio desk.
              My Website Twitter

Comment

Show me something that coverts from vB5.
                Alan

Comment

ok. Then start a new forum along with the old one and make the old one read-only. I definetly write less here than a year ago because of the buggy software...
                  TD-11 with 1xPDX 100 and 2x 12" drum-tec Diabolo pads, VH-11, CY 15R, CY-8 + various VSTi's.

Comment

It's slow for me here also....IE or Google Chrome....not much in a hurry though.............

Comment

its not so much the slowness of the 'working' at the top but the 'token error' after 30 seconds of 'working'.
                      TD-30 , DW3000 Double pedal, 3XCY-12, 2XCY14, Cy15R. 3XPD105, 3XPD125, VH12 hats, Yorkville powered 1000W P.A

Comment

• BWaj
                        BWaj commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agreed, I've left multiple times due to glitches in the software.

A few times, that was probably a good thing as I'd gotten into the stash of red wine and was probably typing something stupid though, lol.

You know, Seasack may have something here.

Comment

Hmmmm......

K
                        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Seasack does have a good option there. Could still have the old, and then the new (XenForo?)

Now if those who make this vb and other stuff haven't convoluted things to the point where it's too obfuscated (or encrypted), I could write something that intakes one plain text format and converts to another that the new could uptake…maybe. (text processing programming is something I've done, batch processors for text and images). But if it's a bunch of MySQL access, that's not my strength.
                          - - -
                          Remo Practice set conversion, DIY cymbals, PD-7's & PD-9's, CY-5, Sonor Hi-Hat stand, Roland TD-6V, Zoom RT-123, CB700 snare, Simmons SDMP1 Tunes: https://soundcloud.com/artly-there

Comment

They tried that with the DDrum forum. It completely died. I'm trying to exhaust every possibility before resorting to that. I'd prefer to find something that will use the vB5 data.
                            Alan

Comment

• BWaj
                              BWaj commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Makes sense Alan. But this site is really buggy. I'm a bit of a forum junky and this is the only site I have issues on.

Not that my contributions are all that, but I for one would sign up day one if you ever moved the site.
                          Working...
                          X