Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TD-11K owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TD-11K owner!

Hi!

After 15 years of wanting, I now have an e-kit! I've been drumming for 25 years, but have recently been unable to play due to the incompatibilities between an acoustic kit, children, and friendly neighbours. I turned 40 last week and my wonderful wife had saved almost enough for a TD11, which was topped up by wonderful family members to enable me to buy.

It was all assembled last night and I'm very happy that I can play regularly again! Hopefully I'll be able to contribute on this forum as I get to grips with it.

Bod.

Good on ya! Welcome to the wonderful and frightening world of V-Drums!
    TD-11 with 1xPDX 100 and 2x 12" drum-tec Diabolo pads, VH-11, CY 15R, CY-8 + various VSTi's.

Comment

Hey welcome......I'm new here too.......

Comment

I am the new owner of the Roland TD-11 K. I had retired from the music business roughly 10 years ago.....sold my acoustic kit..........Played on a Roland set many years ago......getting back into it, getting chops together and learning the world of electronic drums........whole new ball game.........helping out a friend/songwriter with putting drum parts down on tracks he has sent me.....
        Now that I am retired, I have more time than ever to practice.......

Comment

Welcome both of you! How about some pics? The main goal here is to HAVE FUN, so get to it!

K ;-)
          My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
          E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
          A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
          A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Welcome to you both. It's great that you are getting back to drums and the e kits do allow you to keep the peace. Have fun. I'm taking lessons so that I will be a better drummer when I retire in a few years.
            Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I'll get a pic up in due course, once I've finished titting around with velocity curves in SD2

Comment

Hi Bod and bienvenue! – must have missed this post (bit busy at present).
                Recognise the “wanting” feeling. I’m new to drums too - but also ancient (or so my kids say). I took the plunge myself only last September buying a TD11, my first drum kit ever, having never played drums before (yeah, you probably don’t want to hear me yet – but give me another century I’ll be fine).
                I’m having fun. Discovering rhythm fills and grooves – all that stuff you probably already picked up in another lifetime. I’m just kicking myself for not doing something like this at the beginning of life – like you.
                Anyways – there was a post not too long ago, something like “Where are all the TD11 owners”?
                But I can’t find it despite searching. So let’s ask if any TD11 owners know where it is ?
                Enjoy the forum and keep us posted with your new adventures.
                e-drums : Roland TD11KV
                a-drums : Yamaha Stage Custom

Comment

Thought I would show a couple of new additions to the family.......double bass pedal and another cymbal...........what's next????????
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What's next? Why a bigger rack, mesh pads, bigger module....It's called GAS for a reason lol. Wish I had a nice addition to the family like that!
                    K
                    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
                    X