Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the significance of your member name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the significance of your member name?

Nooooooooooo, not that member.

I'll start off on why I chose Macarina. It was years ago when I was wanting to find a particular song in a commercial. I Google'd and found forums dedicated to music, movies, etc. So to ask the question for this particular song I had to join the group. I was being a smart ass at the time and the first thing that popped into my head was Macarina for some unknown reason. I just wanted a quick answer if possible. The name will pass and no one will care.

Well, I actually liked the forum, stayed and participated for quite some time. The name just stuck. And I've been using it ever since.

It's my name. Lack of creativity when I signed up. Tried to make up for it with my avatar.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

mine is one of my nicknames...

Roland TD-30KV, Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal, Pearl H1000 hit hat stand, Shure SE530 IEMs, AKG K171 MKII Headphones, Mackie DLM PA, Yamaha MG102C mixer, Roland Studio Capture

Natal Walnut kit (US Fusion X), Bosphorus Antique 16" Crash & 22" Ride, Bosphorus Gold Series 14" hats.

Comment

I love these kinda threads on forums because we so often hide and lie on line.

For my part, I was the original drummer with Elton John and then recorded all the drum parts on the first Genesis album that Phil took credit for. Don't even get me started on the tracks Neil claimed he played on!!!

HAHA, get it?

In all seriousness, pretty simply for me...B stands for Brian and Waj for Wajda. I like to hide a little online till I know people so there you go. Most of my friends call me BWaj for short online so I went with it.

PS I lied about all that stuff above because I did not think you guys would be impressed with my work on the Dream Theater tracks...

TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

Nothing exciting here! My last name is Helmlinger and when I was young everybody misspelled and mispronounced my name . The closest they got was Hemlinger, hence my nickname was born, Hemi . I told you it was boring!

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz jk lol!
            jammin is obvious and is what i do as a musician. 777, the number seven is a number of perfection, God created everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th. the 3 sevens signify the holy trinity, God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Hang on, what happened to this thread and yesterdays postings?

Comment

Mine is an old school nickname - my name is Eddie so ChEDDIE which became Cheddies over the years. No-one calls me it but it has been my go-to internet name since, well, since the internet.
                --
                West London, UK.
                TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

This is my go-to internet name since the internet too, well, since the internet became a thing used by people who weren't in IT or government/defense type jobs. I originally chose it from a book, not because of Greek mythology.
                  Kaiju
                  Roland TD-15KV module and cymbals, Gen 16 AE rack, Gen 16 AE cymbals, Diamond Electronic Drums, Tama HP300 single pedal, Lectric Moo, Carmichael throne

Comment

Back in 88 (1988 thank you!), I went to work for this company. My boss called everyone by initials. He told me he was going to start calling me RZ. It's the first letter of my first name and the last letter of my last name. When I started signing up for musical interest forums, that became my "ROCKER" name! Cheers!
                    Roland TDW-20 Frankenstein kit: TDW-20 Module, TD-12 Rack. 1 PD-125 Snare, 4 PD-105 Toms, 1 KD-120 Kick, 1 CY-12 Cymbals, 3 CY-8 Cymbals, 1 VH-12 Hi-Hat, DW-9000 Remote Hi-Hat Controller, DW-5002AD3 Double Bass Pedal, Roc N Soc Nitro Rider Throne, Homemade Drumstick Holder.

Comment

The shortest account name I ever had was "jon" but that started colliding with others, so I added the "m". Then that ran into things. So I added life, the universe and everything: 42.
                      TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by jonm42 View Post
                        So I added life, the universe and everything: 42.
                        Awesome

Comment

Yeah I posted here yesterday too and the postings are GONE!! Anyways...if this thread is a test then of course I have failed it epically.

K ;-)
                          My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                          E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                          A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                          A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Yeah me too, Really rude to erase posts like that!
                            Another failure sheesh, what next?
                            "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I invent electronic drum instrments. Mark Drumagination.com
                              2000 Watt Carvin powered Electronic Bass Drum,
                              built-in DM10 drum module,
                              Double TwinSteele Electronic drum pedals
                              Footless High-Hat
                              Drumagination.com
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XezG628QXp8

Comment

Working...
                              X