Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Australia

Hi guys,

So I thought I'd do the introductory post and send my greetings to the forum.

My name is Matt and up until 2 days ago I had never played drums in my life. I have performed percussion (congas) in a latin group for a bit but nothing serious.
    So I went fro a jam at a friends the other day as he has a Roland HD-3 in his spare room. I took my guitar and fuzz pedals and proceeded to have a bit of a QOTSA inspired jam. After a while he asked if he could jump on guitar and maybe I should try drums. I was tentative to do so as I have never touched a kit but decided to give it a shot.

So after about 5 minutes I was in love!

Sure I am amateur but I just felt I took to it straight away. Within minutes we were jamming along to You May Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire. We jammed along a bit on a few more riffs and then called it a day. It honestly took hours for the grin to go from my face.

So, back story out of the way, I have a Roland TD-4KP on it's way to my apartment and scored a half price PDX-8 Mesh Head from eBay. Luckily a family friend is the drummer from Zep Boys (leading Australian Zeppelin tribute band) and I'll be hitting him up for lessons.

Anyway, that's about it. After 20 years of playing guitar I have found something that excites me again.

Welcome to the forum. Have fun with the drums. Your musical background will be a benefit to you.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Hi Kodou. Plenty of Aussies here.
      Welcome aboard.
      . digitalDrummer
      Review index

Comment

Welcome and glad to have you join us real musicians!
        TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

Zep Boys Kick serious Zep tunes great band
          Congrats on getting the seated position, the Throne!!!!
          We really are the Kings
          Vdrums ROCK!!!!
          Queenslander here welcome!
          NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

Awesome, another new drummer! Welcome to the forums and have FUN!!!

K ;-)
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
            X