Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie metal head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hairmetal-81
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, Catman! Congrats on your new TD kit. Rock on!

Leave a comment:

• Kenster
    replied
    Welcome!!!! Your questions are better suited to the Tech or DIY threads, this is just for intros, no one will read this and know you need help. Watch for duplicate posts tho.

If it's two regular TS cables you can run them into most anything. It all depends on whether the jacks on said cymbals are TS or TRS. Otherwise you might need some drumsplitter cables or if you run TRS, fiddle with the module settings because if it's a 2 zone cymbals, you'll need to figure out which is the rim and which is the bow. Some simple settings adjustment is easy.

We have some local experts here on the Forums that have converted regular A cymbals, talk to Daniel or JMan.

Welcome and post some pics!

K ;-)

Leave a comment:

• R_Z
    replied
    Welcome. I'm no where near technical enough to answer your questions. Gratz on the TD11. I hear it's a fine kit. Good luck on the cymbal conversion. Will be interesting to see how it goes. If you can, do either a video of the conversion or perhaps pix along the way. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• catman
    started a topic Aussie metal head

Aussie metal head

Hey guys recently purchased a TD11KV kit. One of the best things I ever did, I really love playing it.

I am interested in making my own cymbals and learning from others who have.

I do have a question and I am not sure in what part of this forum I should ask it and I will assume somebody will let me know after I ask.

Why can't I use my CY13R cymbal input cables in 2 separate cymbals, the 3 zone thing does not appeal to me and I would rather assign the extra input to a separate cymbal.Is there some mod I can do to the wiring to get around this?

I am also awaiting a shipment of china cymbals that I am going to have a crack at changing from A to E, I have seen some stuff on You Tube that demonstrates "how to" on standard cymbals. I am not sure if the same principles apply to china cymbals. I got some ideas of my own (I have a manufacturing background) that may work, happy to share if its a success. Any links to current or past threads would very appreciated.

HORNS UP
    Catman
Working...
X