Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'day Mates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day Mates!

Greetings from down under! Been lurking for a while and have picked up some great tips so I thought to say thanks and hope I can contribute in helping others - though I'm still yet to learn the basics as I've only recently discovered edrums myself.

Purchased a TD-4KP at the start of the year after not playing for five years and after getting rid of my old acoustic starter kit that was laying in the shed collecting dust - gave it to a drum teacher to give it life again. Stumbled on vdrums.com as I was using Addictive Drums for better sounds and started noticing the flagship Roland kits. So here I am after trading it for a TD-30K after only a couple of weeks...lol!

Still getting my head around the kit and have purchased a VEX pack with intention to purchase more thanks, Alan. But I'm seriously thinking about trading up to the 30KV pads and hi-hat. I've also recently bought my first double bass pedal. I decided on Off-Set as I wanted to be more centred to take the twisting away from my back with good results. And when my Roc N Soc arrives, it'll be a lot more comfortable than using a stump from a redgum tree with bugger all cushion - my arse is screaming out! Never had a quality throne before.....lol!

Anyway, that's my intro and hoping I did my signature right. Off to bed now so cheers!

Current setup: TD-30K; Off-Set Double Bass Pedal; Black Roc N Soc Nitro . Future (hopefully not too distant) setup: Upgrade toms and hi-hats to KV
    DRUMMERS BANG HARDER! :p

WOW!!!! You are well on your way! Let's see some pics in progress and have fun! Welcome welcome!
    K ;-)
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Thanks, Ken (is that right?). I'll post a couple of pics in the TD-30K/KV owner's thread if there is one.

Just a quick question: How does one create a signature? I thought I did prior to starting this thread but evidently not. I must've only added a status or something to that effect thinking I was. Thanks.
      Current setup: TD-30K; Off-Set Double Bass Pedal; Black Roc N Soc Nitro . Future (hopefully not too distant) setup: Upgrade toms and hi-hats to KV

Comment

Welcome. Click your name in the top right, choose "user setting", go to the account tab, the signature thing is about halfway down. (Edit Post Signature)
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks, Alan. Will do! I'll contact you soon re: purchasing more VEX packs but wanted to ask you a VEX question in the proper thread. Thanks again.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, ThrashBanger!

Congrats on your newly acquired TD-30 kit!
            Happy Drumming!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X