Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

It's been a while since I've joined a new forum. Usually I forego the intro and just dive right in and start posting. But in this case I've got nothin'! I know VERY little about V-Drums. I played drums for about 25 years, got out of music completely to raise a family. But now my sons are getting into music and want to play. So I bought a v-drum kit to be more practical and quiet for our neighbors. From what I can see I think I scored! I got a TD12, 4, toms (all mesh), snare, stock hats, plus a VH12, a mesh bass drum, Tama pedal, few cymbals, and a throne. I played it for the first time last night and I am already in love with this kit. So much so that I already plan to buy another one tomorrow to add to the existing. I do have a ton of questions. Should I ask them here, or go out there to the big room and ask them there? Thanks, and awesome forum!!

Welcome to the forum, John37.

A used TD-12 *is* quite a score, along with a pair of VH-12 hats! Congatulations on that one! I guess your 25-year experience was showing through, there ...because that's a mighty fine pick to start off into the realms of everything VDrums!

Happy Drumming!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Welcome and post some pics! There are all sorts of helpful folks here so ask questions all you like!

K ;-)
      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Welcome! We do have some real V-drum Wizards in here so feel free to ask anything! I myself might not be a V-drum genious but I'll try to help out with what I can.
        Hope you enjoy the worl of V-drums and indeed a used TD-12 in good condition is a good score, we'd love to see some pictures of it so we can see exactly what's on it

Comment

That *is* a good score! Welcome along!
          --
          West London, UK.
          TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Working...
          X