Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello - New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - New Here

Hello everyone! I've already made some posts but I figured I should probably introduce myself. I've been playing drums for about 15 years, mostly self taught.

I live in the north-east USA. I own the Roland TD-11K V Drums with extra dual zone ride cymbal. I plan on using a drum splitter and getting an extra pad now that I read about that suggestion here on the forums. I've also learned about the V-Expressions so I'll most likely purchase the 30 APEX kits for my module. I also run everything through a Roland Quad Capture into my Macbook.

I'm a musician who uses V-Drums for fun and recording music. While drums is my main focus, I also play guitar and a little bit of other instruments. I'm currently writing and recording my first full EP all on my own, learning as I go.

I've been an unpaid spokesperson for Roland everywhere I go. I've made many Youtube posts defending or recommending Roland V-Drums. For me, the praise is warranted because I've had nothing but good results with every Roland product I've ever used or purchased. I would love to be sponsored by such a great company. =)

I've sought out and found a lot of useful information on the web with regards to V Drums so I always try to help where I can. I look forward to chatting with all of you.
    Last edited by gandalf; 11-23-13, 01:12 PM.

Welcome to the forum, gandalf!

Nice to have you around.
    Happy Drumming!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Welcome. Great ambition to record your own "album". Would love to hear some of your work.
      Roland TDW-20 Frankenstein kit: TDW-20 Module, TD-12 Rack. 1 PD-125 Snare, 4 PD-105 Toms, 1 KD-120 Kick, 1 CY-12 Cymbals, 3 CY-8 Cymbals, 1 VH-12 Hi-Hat, DW-9000 Remote Hi-Hat Controller, DW-5002AD3 Double Bass Pedal, Roc N Soc Nitro Rider Throne, Homemade Drumstick Holder.

Comment

Welcome, please do post when you finish recording! I'm hoping to have some stuff to share soon, just trying to get my cymbal setting worked out before doing my tracks.

What recording software do you use?
        TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

Welcome! You will meet all sorts of fun and informative folks here. How about a few pics of you and the set up?

Have fun!

K ;-)
          My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
          E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
          A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
          A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Welcome and Yeah, we live on seeing other peoples kits, so do show and tell!
            Some great vdrum info on here and lots of great smart DIY people.
            Oh and VEX!!!
            Enjoy!
            NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome!

To answer a few questions:
              -I use Garageband, Ableton, Audacity, and Logic for recording.
              -I only have some electronic, experimental, instrumental demos for listening atm (no V-Drums used on any of them). The music I'm working on for my album is different, more rock/pop based and with vocals. I may include some electronic elements but there's no outline to how it's supposed to sound.
              -I'll post some pictures eventually. I like to remain anonymous on here. =)
              -My EP should be done around February, March, April...just a rough estimate. I may seek out help with bass guitar parts, keyboard/piano, and music theory.

I love the DIY process but I'd love to be in a band. I really want to tour the country and see the world so having a band and people to share the experience with is my ultimate dream in life. It's great to be with a community of people who appreciate music!
              Last edited by gandalf; 11-24-13, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X