Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Hello, new face in vdrum forums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new face in vdrum forums.

Hello everyone,

Its been a long time watching this forum for solutions and information about electronic drums and i have to say that you are doing a great job informing us, poor fellas, who want to know more about the vdrum space.

Well, some things about my self, Im an Electronics student, PC Gamer and of course a Drums entusiast. I've been playing drums for only 4 years, unfortunatelly, since i never had the chance before that to get in touch with this magnificent instrument which I fell in love with.

My first time I played on a friends Roland HD-1, basement "home made" studio with wires, cables, guitars, basses and stuff all over the place.
    Anyways! seems like I started the gabble again. After a month or so i had my pair of keys and was playing for like 5-8 hours a day going deeper and deeper into drumming. I've started taking lessons for 2 years now but unfortunatelly my current economic state will not allow me to keep on.

Since I am a student away from home i work to make it throught and I want to buy an electronic drumset in order to continue practicing, playing and express myself. My budget for an e-kit is around 1000 euros and im thinking of buying a used one since a brand new is kinda expensive for me at the moment. I've been around Roland TD9 (would prefer the KX2 with the nice and realistic Hi-Hat stand) but im not sure if the new series of Roland TD11, TD15 is better. Since a lot of people in here use the TD9 I would like some help between saving my money to get the new series or the TD9 (or even TD12?).

Thanks again in advance for reading all this bunch of text.

*Sorry for the bad use of english but its not my native language*

Welcome to the forum! Have Fun!
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Welcome aboard ....TD-12 all day every day in my opinion

N.
      TD-12 VEX TMC-6 A2E kit 16 pieces and growing and a cursed left handed child of the devil.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Hunt around to see what used kits you can get for your budget.

Good luck!
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Welcome. Actually, compared to something like an HD-1, you might find that the TD-4 would work for a practice unit and leave room in your budget for pads and cymbals, while the TD-9 or TD-12 would cost you nearly all of your money, used. You could check out the manuals for the modules online and that might help you decide! Good luck.

Comment

Bania- Welcome!

A pleasure to meet you!
            DTXtreme, DTXtreme IIs, DTX M12, Yamaha SY-77, Moog Opus, Roland XP-30 Roland SPD-8, SPD-11, SPD-30 / ACID Pro 7 / Sound Forge / Cubase S5 / Cakewalk LT / Fender Squier w F/X Pedal

Comment

Working...
            X