Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hello, new face in vdrum forums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new face in vdrum forums.

Hello everyone,

Its been a long time watching this forum for solutions and information about electronic drums and i have to say that you are doing a great job informing us, poor fellas, who want to know more about the vdrum space.

Well, some things about my self, Im an Electronics student, PC Gamer and of course a Drums entusiast. I've been playing drums for only 4 years, unfortunatelly, since i never had the chance before that to get in touch with this magnificent instrument which I fell in love with.

My first time I played on a friends Roland HD-1, basement "home made" studio with wires, cables, guitars, basses and stuff all over the place.
    Anyways! seems like I started the gabble again. After a month or so i had my pair of keys and was playing for like 5-8 hours a day going deeper and deeper into drumming. I've started taking lessons for 2 years now but unfortunatelly my current economic state will not allow me to keep on.

Since I am a student away from home i work to make it throught and I want to buy an electronic drumset in order to continue practicing, playing and express myself. My budget for an e-kit is around 1000 euros and im thinking of buying a used one since a brand new is kinda expensive for me at the moment. I've been around Roland TD9 (would prefer the KX2 with the nice and realistic Hi-Hat stand) but im not sure if the new series of Roland TD11, TD15 is better. Since a lot of people in here use the TD9 I would like some help between saving my money to get the new series or the TD9 (or even TD12?).

Thanks again in advance for reading all this bunch of text.

*Sorry for the bad use of english but its not my native language*

Welcome to the forum! Have Fun!
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Welcome aboard ....TD-12 all day every day in my opinion

N.
      TD-12 VEX TMC-6 A2E kit 16 pieces and growing and a cursed left handed child of the devil.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Hunt around to see what used kits you can get for your budget.

Good luck!
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Welcome. Actually, compared to something like an HD-1, you might find that the TD-4 would work for a practice unit and leave room in your budget for pads and cymbals, while the TD-9 or TD-12 would cost you nearly all of your money, used. You could check out the manuals for the modules online and that might help you decide! Good luck.

Comment

Bania- Welcome!

A pleasure to meet you!
            DTXtreme, DTXtreme IIs, DTX M12, Yamaha SY-77, Moog Opus, Roland XP-30 Roland SPD-8, SPD-11, SPD-30 / ACID Pro 7 / Sound Forge / Cubase S5 / Cakewalk LT / Fender Squier w F/X Pedal

Comment

Working...
            X