Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Moving to LA... looking for contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to LA... looking for contacts

Hi there guys,

I've been reading these forums for maybe 1.5 years, don't post often but read alot.

I'm 25 and live in Montreal, Canada. After having tried several different career options, I've decided I'm going to try and hit it big, playing music. I'm moving to L.A. in August and have been accepted to Musicians Institute for their Associate of Arts Drumming degree.

My parents have a friend with who I can live for a while, but I'm trying to get a feel for how life is over there.

If anyone in the region describe a little about how things are over there, or any tips in general, would be great.

thanks,
    Dan

Best of luck to you in the pursuit of your dream. I attended PIT (percussion institute) briefly back in the mid '80s..then I decided it would be best (for me) if I went out and got a real job. I didn't / don't have the chops to become a professional drummer but I've never stopped playing for my own enjoyment and sanity. Hollywood is a crazy town but I enjoyed it when I was your age. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
    X