Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Just bought a TD9-KX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a TD9-KX

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Vdrums, just getting back into drumming after 10 years or so. I'm taking it back up with my 10 yr old son (who I can tell already is going to surpass me within the year...) hence the TD9. I must say that the kit is fantastic - with decent headphones sounds better than any acoustic kit I've ever had (also bought the PM10 - this is perfect size/power for jamming along with guitar on a practice combi amp).

But the best thing about the TD9: - for the first time in my life I've been able to play what I like, when I like, as loud as I like, and for as long as want to! This has always put of drumming in the past, neighbour complaints, family moaning etc etc. And for my son to practice and learn on it's perfect.

Great to have found a Vdrums forum...

P.S. Can anybody point me in the right direction - I'm trying to locate the drum sheet music for the built-in tracks on the TD9 for my son to learn. Does anybody know where I can download this?

Dan.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow td9er, hope you and your son enjoy the kit---even if he soon surpasses you...such is the way of the world...

unfortunately, the sheet music for the built in sounds does not seem to exist, though it has been asked for, by me amongst others...it would be brilliant to have it...

meanwhile, here are some urls for drum tabs:
    http://drumbum.com/drumtabs/
    http://www.911tabs.com/
    http://drum.guitarboard.com/

good luck!

saku
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Good to see you encouraging the young to play too.
      Enjoy your time here.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I just picked up my TD-9SX/KX last week along with a PM-30, headphones, Tama ICDB pedal, and Tama throne. It's a great set up and I hope you and your son enjoy it as much as I am.

Comment

Welcome Daniel,

There may be a way to get the printed music for your built in tracks - I don't have a TD-9 but the guys with one should be able to help.....

Q - can you record the built-in tracks as MIDI output?

If the answer is yes, then all someone needs to do is to record the MIDI output into a DAW such as PT8 and have it create the annotation.

If the answer is no.....out with the manuscript book and pen....

Comment

Well what a nice welcoming response, thanks all of you.

saku - many thanks for the links, I'm going to get onto these today.

Hercules - I think the answer must be 'yes' but I'll look into this and post my findings on this thread. If it is yes, I'll need to come back to you for the second part "record the MIDI output into a DAW such as PT8 and have it create the annotation" as I wouldn't know how to do that!

TMC - how's the PM30; it must be amazing? My PM10 is a really fantastic for the size and price (although I don't suppose it would cut it as a stage monitor). I did think about getting the PM30, but then realised I'd probably be putting out acoustic kit volumes again!

Comment

Hi Daniel,

Congrats on your TD-9 purchase!

I'll be interested in your opinion/mini-review of PM-10.
              My compact kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Barber View Post
                TMC - how's the PM30; it must be amazing? My PM10 is a really fantastic for the size and price (although I don't suppose it would cut it as a stage monitor). I did think about getting the PM30, but then realised I'd probably be putting out acoustic kit volumes again!
                I can still crank up my stereo to a deafening volume and beyond and the vdrums come through loud and clear.

Comment

Originally posted by sciomako View Post
                  Hi Daniel,

Congrats on your TD-9 purchase!

I'll be interested in your opinion/mini-review of PM-10.
                  I'm not much good at reviews, but I'll give it a go. Have a look at http://drums-percussion.musiciansfri...tem?sku=449926 it is what I read beffore buying, very helpful.

Overall 4 stars, and I'm very pleased with it. Some say it is a bit pricey but for what you get I think it is worth it (I paid 150 - I got my kit a couple of weeks ago just before the prices went up, now about 230 I think...to do with the collapse of Sterling and Gordon giving away all our money - anyway I'll save that for a diffferent forum!)

EQ is good very puncy, plenty of bass so most of the TD-9 kick drums sound great. Cymbals are crisp, but I do think it lacks a bit of mid range.

Pros: extremely compact, ideal for home practise/jamming and maybe studio monitor. Loud enough to match a guitar flat out on a 15W combi. Bass drum sounds excellent.

Cons: Obviously it is mono, so makes the kit seem less realistic than with heaphones (that's why I'm envious of TMC with his PM30 which is stereo.) Lacks a bit of mid range.

I told you, not great, but visit the link for more...

Comment

Working...
                  X