Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hello from Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hampis
    replied
    Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
    Norwegian country music? Really? I knew that there were British and Irish country bands, but I didn't know it has gone this far. I am so sorry we exported that to you. Please forgive us. Welcome to the forum!

Hey Saku, what does "Hej på dig!" mean? Could you put phonetically so I can learn to say it right? I liked to learn how to say stuff in other languages...and not just the dirty words!
    hey pjusken welcome to the forum great to see another viking here.
    Fullback i hope you know the dirty ones in my language hehe

Leave a comment:

• saku
    replied
    Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
    Hey Saku, what does "Hej på dig!" mean? Could you put phonetically so I can learn to say it right? I liked to learn how to say stuff in other languages...and not just the dirty words!
    hay poh day: literally hello on you....

ha-day: short for ha det bra, have it well...

Leave a comment:

• Fullback32
    replied
    Originally posted by Pjusken View Post
    Hi all

I'm back to drumming after hundreds of years of (or at least it feels that way). In my younger days, I used the Slingerland accoustic drums with Paiste cymbals playing rock (very loud, both drums and the music). Now, when I was asked to join a band that where playing countrymusic, I started up with buying a used Yamaha Recording 9000 set with Zildijan cymbals. Since this also is very big set that takes ages to put together, I purchased a Roland TD-6 Kv and added an extra tom and cymbal pad. As it turns out, this is actualy the set I'm using most of the time, while the big yamaha is collecting dust:-)

Anyway, I have purchased some soundlibs from Vexpression and are using them instead of the original Roland sounds, (very good work guys) and its on the pages from Vexpression and vdrum Lib, I came across this forum and I must say that I'm very glad i found this. I have already got a lot of help and infromation about modules and E-drums en general.

Now I have come across the Superior Drummer software and are on my way to post some questions regarding this, but since this is foyer, I will start that thread somewhere else :-)

Anyway, glad I found this forum and I'm realy looking forward to reading information and getting comments from all you experienced drummers out there.:-)
    Norwegian country music? Really? I knew that there were British and Irish country bands, but I didn't know it has gone this far. I am so sorry we exported that to you. Please forgive us. Welcome to the forum!

Leave a comment:

• saku
    replied
    Hej på dig!

Good to have more people from Scandiland here - welcome to the forum!

I started with the td6 kv as well - though i didnt know about vex packs until it was too late and i traded up to a td 9...oh well.....

hadde

saku

Leave a comment:

• KevH
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. And another drummer returns via Ekits!
    Good to hear, you're in good company, many of us had long breaks (27 years for me).
    As you will see, it's a very helpful place here. Enjoy your time on the boards.

Leave a comment:

• Pjusken
    started a topic Hello from Norway

Hello from Norway

Hi all

I'm back to drumming after hundreds of years of (or at least it feels that way). In my younger days, I used the Slingerland accoustic drums with Paiste cymbals playing rock (very loud, both drums and the music). Now, when I was asked to join a band that where playing countrymusic, I started up with buying a used Yamaha Recording 9000 set with Zildijan cymbals. Since this also is very big set that takes ages to put together, I purchased a Roland TD-6 Kv and added an extra tom and cymbal pad. As it turns out, this is actualy the set I'm using most of the time, while the big yamaha is collecting dust:-)

Anyway, I have purchased some soundlibs from Vexpression and are using them instead of the original Roland sounds, (very good work guys) and its on the pages from Vexpression and vdrum Lib, I came across this forum and I must say that I'm very glad i found this. I have already got a lot of help and infromation about modules and E-drums en general.

Now I have come across the Superior Drummer software and are on my way to post some questions regarding this, but since this is foyer, I will start that thread somewhere else :-)

Anyway, glad I found this forum and I'm realy looking forward to reading information and getting comments from all you experienced drummers out there.:-)
Working...
X