Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hi! Newbie here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Newbie here!

Hi Everyone!

Im new to the forum and somewhat new to drumming too. I look forward to meeting you all and learning a lot on this site!

A bit about myself and my equipment: Im a non-professional musician of 25 years (guitar player) who enjoys home recording projects as a hobby. I work in Apple Garageband mostly these days but have an old Korg D1600 that I use to record local bands live with and spent many years of my youth playing around with and old Fostex 4-track...ugh! With Garageband I use a M-audio Firewire Solo interface, I have an M-Audio keyboard controller, and I have all the basic rock gear (Fender Strat, Ovation Acoustic, Yamaha bass, etc.) My experience with drumming is limited and has been mostly confined to drum machine programming. I have a Boss "Dr. Rhythm" DR-550 drum machine that I bought in 1990 and still use almost exclusively..this cheap drum machine has been a great value over the years! For some projects, or if Im lazy, I will just use drum loops in Garageband but to be honest I havent found the sounds to be that great and I find the drums in GB hard to program. I have seen the Idrum software and may look at getting that soon. That being said I still think the DR 550 has some of the best sounds ever!

Anyway, I dont have a real drum kit yet. I can keep a VERY basic 4/4 beat and do a basic roll on a real kit with but have always wanted to learn to really play. I live in a small condo so my space is limited and i do have neighbors so I thought an electronic drum kit would be the ticket. I really like the new TD4k thats coming out soon (?) and may go that route in the next few months. My ultimate goal would be to get good enough to record my own drumming in a recording.

...but in the meantime I look forward to learning all I can on this site.

Thanks and have a good day!

Paul
    Last edited by Paulbiz; 01-19-09, 07:12 AM.

//////////

Comment

Welcome to the forum Paul, glad you found us. There's a huge wealth of knowledge to guide you here, as you have probably found.
      Enjoy your time, and good luck with getting the right kit.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, paul...lots of us also own guitars of different sorts...takes all kinds!

good luck hunting for your new kit, and if you do get the td4, you might be the first to write a review here about it - we all are very curious about it!

cheers

saku
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
        X