Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Greetings from Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Alaska

New drummer here just saying 'hi'. I've already gleaned a good bit of information just lurking on the forums, so I thought I should sign up and contribute.

I recently decided to get into drumming and, thanks to my wife wanting to retain her sanity, I decided to go with a TD-3 after doing some research. So far things are looking good, but I'm only a couple of months into this journey. Every time I read through the forums I pick up something that pushes me to learn a little more, so you guys are inspiring me just by sharing your experience.

Welcome to the forum proper then. Glad you've found it helpful and inspiring, long may it continue. Good luck learning, a steep learning curve for sure, but it'll all come together in the end.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new kit!

Alaska, beautiful country...one of my bucket list's destinations....
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Welcome J,

I started with a TD-3 and continued to be nice to my wife and here a couple years later have made a significant upgrade.

The TD-3 worked well for me and I have fond memories of it...

you can upgrade things a bit, I added a Pintech DIngbat for another trigger, then mesh pads. That made quite a nice little kit. After that it didn't make too much sense to upgrade things much more.

welcome, you'll love the v-drums.
        Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

from the bottom of the world to the top of the world, welcome!
          i was a lurker like you then decided to sign up, well worth it - the guys (and girls) here are really helpful and don't mind your 'dumb' questions

ross.

Videos

The Dust Revival Band

Spinifex Rose

Kristy Lewis and the Wretched

Wayfaring Strangers

Comment

Welcome aboard....

You may find the voulme on the FD8 low. If so, there are fixes posted to help you.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum !!!! Enjoy your stay and play often !!!!!!!
              Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Working...
              X