Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hi from another Brit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from another Brit

Having lurked for a few weeks while waiting for my kit to arrive, I thought I ought to introduce myself.

Last time I played the drums, haircuts were bad and electronic kits were universally hexagonal and made "pew" noises, yet somehow at the time we convinced ourselves they were just like the real thing. Imagine my surprise when the drumming bug struck again, and I found that today's e-kits are actually not all bad

Got myself a TD9KX, but just to be different I'm going to be trying to get the kit working with Yamaha cymbals (PCY135, PCY155, RHH135) because the cymbals were the one thing I didn't much like the feel of on the Roland kits. Rather than immediately void the warranty on my new cymbals, I'm working on a plug-in solution to interface the 3 zones with choke to the TD9.

For now, I'll just be getting back up to speed on the kit after the extended break (in particular my feet don't seem to want to do what they're told like they did in the good old days ) , but eventually I expect I'll be hooking it up to BFD or Superior to do some recording.

Even though this is my first post, I owe thanks to all the regular posters for the tips and advice I've picked up before even ordering my kit!

Welcome to the forum, though I'm unsure whether welcoming Rabies is a wise move!
    Glad you've signed up, and as you've found, it's very helpful here. As for the Yamaha cymbals - good move, love them myself.

Comment

Hello from a fellow td9er! and someone who has lived in London....and who remembers the days when he had need of a haircut - good or bad...

enjoy your kit!
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Welcome back mate. I remember those times well and although I do get the hair cut occasionally now, I still dont shave much, and still drink and smoke to much.

Comment

Working...
        X