Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to say 'Hi' I am a complete beginner . I was given a Roland HD 1 for christmas and although I have wanted to play the drums since I was 5 , I never got round to it .

Now at the age of 37 I take my first lesson tonight

Cool. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the lessons, it's a steep learning curve, but you'll get there.

Comment

Welcome to the forums.
      Age doesn't matter as long as your joints don't seize up.
      Oh yeah....and start saving your money NOW!
      Don't say I didn't warn you.
      TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

Congratulations and happy birthday and welcome to the forum...and dont worry, i was even older when i began!

and ignore Chiphead. Not everyone who joins this forum is immediately seized by impulses to buy bigger and better components to drum kit....a couple of people go weeeks, even months before they start to upgrade...so, on second thought, yes, take heed of Chiphead's warning!
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

It really is never too late to start. The longest journey begins with one step. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Welcome & best of luck with the drums. Seriously, it's all worth it in the end if you enjoy what you're doing.
          David
          TD-9KX stock kit with extra PD-85 & CY8

Comment

Thanks , first lesson went well and have started the practicing

As for buying loads of gear ... I can probably guarantee it

Comment

Originally posted by p00key View Post
              Thanks , first lesson went well and have started the practicing

As for buying loads of gear ... I can probably guarantee it
              I started my lessons back in September. I'm 46 and well over 6 feet tall. The student who has his lesson before me is about 10 years old and about 4 feet tall. I've long since gotten over the self-consciousness, but it's sort of a pain playing (and I use the term loosely) on a practice kit that's set up for [much] smaller students.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the learning 'experience' as much as I am.

Comment

Working...
              X