Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hi from Roland Vdrum owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Roland Vdrum owner

Just found this site. I've owned my Roland V-Tour Series TD-6KX since mid August of 2008. I've been playing acoustic drums for 30 years or so. I'm in my early 40's and this is my first electronic set, so all this electronic drum stuff is new to me. Right now I'm just using the stock sounds. Haven't changed anything. To be honest, I really don't know how. I've briefed the instruction booklet but it's greek to me. But I'm willing to learn. My first attempt will be to get some sound out of my hh foot pedal. I found something on the site on how to do that. But didn't save the page so I'll have to find it again. But that's what prompted me to sign up.

Thanks

Mike
    Roland V-Tour Series TD-6KX

If it's greek to you maybe Hampis can help (inside joke).

Seems there are a lot of 40-somethings discovering e-drums lately. I wish I was in my early 40s again. Oh well. Welcome aboard and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by crankshaft View Post
      I've been playing acoustic drums for 30 years or so. I'm in my early 40's and this is my first electronic set, so all this electronic drum stuff is new to me.

Thanks

Mike
      I'm on the downhill side of 40 and am just getting into these also. Looking forward to it...we're all kids at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by crankshaft View Post
        Just found this site. I've owned my Roland V-Tour Series TD-6KX since mid August of 2008. I've been playing acoustic drums for 30 years or so. I'm in my early 40's and this is my first electronic set, so all this electronic drum stuff is new to me. Right now I'm just using the stock sounds. Haven't changed anything. To be honest, I really don't know how. I've briefed the instruction booklet but it's greek to me. But I'm willing to learn. My first attempt will be to get some sound out of my hh foot pedal. I found something on the site on how to do that. But didn't save the page so I'll have to find it again. But that's what prompted me to sign up.
        you can go here : http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/
        to buy really really good presets that make your kit sound much better!

go to page 66, right hand coloum in your manual to see how to change the pedal volume, though my argument is that even set at max it is too low, which is why I eventually bought the td9 brain...others disagree with me, but you can find out yourself...

and welcome to the forum! it's a great place...
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see another 40 something too. Enjoy your time here, there's a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes.

I need to do a lot of reading. I need to figure out all types of things from volume, to tinkering around with sounds (how to change tune, ect.... what it all means.......), pa/monitor speakers (I found a good article on this) I'm sure I'll find more. But that's a start.
            Roland V-Tour Series TD-6KX

Comment

Welcome Crankshaft. Lots of Old Guys here to help out if you fall & can't get up. HA HA.
              David
              TD-9KX stock kit with extra PD-85 & CY8

Comment

Working...
              X