Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

GREETINGS from a new member and soon to be vdrum owner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREETINGS from a new member and soon to be vdrum owner.

My name is Tod and I'm just joining the community. I just finalized a package deal with Guitar Center that I think I did pretty well on...$3,600 bones for the following:

1) Roland TD-9SX plus extended warranty
    2) Roland PM-30 plus extended warranty
    3) Tama Iron Cobra Double Pass pedals (bonus package)
    4) Tama HT741 throne with backrest
    5) Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones
    6) (2) 12' monster cables (1 bass cable for my son and 1 instrument cable for the vdrum module to PM-30)
    7) Evans Torque Drum Key
    I'm 46, married w/2 children and I've been playing the same set of acoustic Ludwigs (vintage 1964 or so) since I was 12.
    I sat down on a set at Best Buy about a month ago and decided I couldn't live without them.
    Seems like a great bunch of people here and I look forward to learning from and sharing with you.

TMC

p.s. I'll grab a couple sets of sticks when I go pick up my order...did I forget anything??

Welcome to the forum Tod. Nice to have you here, and nice package you put together there too.
    Any chance of a photo of the Ludwigs? I'd love to see them.
    Enjoy your time here anyway.

Comment

Hello from a fellow td9er, who also has the ath's...great headphones

the only thing you are missing are vexpacks...which are much better than the standard kits: http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/td09.html ...
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by TMC View Post
        did I forget anything??
        Ask Michael Render.

Believe me, you "forgot" a ton. Soon the GAS will set in. It will start small, like some extra cables or headphones or a different kick pedal. Then it will grow and fester and take over your very existence.

And then you'll be like the rest of us.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
          Welcome to the forum Tod. Nice to have you here, and nice package you put together there too.
          Any chance of a photo of the Ludwigs? I'd love to see them.
          Enjoy your time here anyway.
          Thanks for the welcome, I will get a pic of the Ludwigs up eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
            Hello from a fellow td9er, who also has the ath's...great headphones

the only thing you are missing are vexpacks...which are much better than the standard kits: http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/td09.html ...
            It will probably take me awhile to get tired of the standard kits but I will take a look at their website. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFiore View Post
              Ask Michael Render.

Believe me, you "forgot" a ton. Soon the GAS will set in. It will start small, like some extra cables or headphones or a different kick pedal. Then it will grow and fester and take over your very existence.

And then you'll be like the rest of us.

Welcome aboard.
              Thanks for the welcome. Enlighten me on "GAS". If I get too out of control the only gas I'll be needing will be to get me out of town before my wife kicks my a$$.

Comment

Yep. You see vdrums.com is really just a place to while away some time while you are waiting for your next purchase.

It's kind of like AA, except that this version of AA meets at a bar.

Comment

Working...
                X