Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Just bought TD9sx and JBLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought TD9sx and JBLs

Hello forum,
    i bought the td9sx and the jbl g2's. i am stoked on both of them. i played acoustic druums for ten years, until i moved to newport beach and got an appartment. I play in a band and use the drums for studio and eventually maybe for shows. i practice 2 hours a day, take lessons once a week, and have band practice 2 times a week. drumming is one of the only things i can get lost in, and really be myself when i am playing. i also like snowboarding, skateboarding, beer, and pizza. My one dilema is that my neighbor downtairs can still hear my banging when i practice. I have the bass pedal right on a load bearing wall that goes to her unit,(could be a problem) and the floor is only linoleum. Any ideas on soundproofing even more so i can practice all hours? Thank you fellow drummers.
    Roland TD-9sx, JBL EON152G(2)

Balls!

(Oh.... and welcome.)

Bruce

Comment

I'm with you on the drums, beer and pizza. Three out of five ain't bad!

Welcome aboard.
      >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Definitely move the pedal away from the party wall if you can, but it won't fully solve it. Bruce has given you the link for that, but search for sound deadening on the forum for many more ideas.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from a fellow td.9er...also like pizza, but prefer cider (british cider) to beer...and drumming of course...

hope you sort out your pedal problem!
          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Welcome aboard
            Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Welcome, and stop teasing us here in the UK (5 Degrees Celsius below zero & dropping) with your choice of location

If the 'balls' solution doesn't grab you try 2 layers of 1 inch thick duct foam stuck to each other (make sure to get the adhesive-backed variant!) then 1 inch plywood on top followed by carpet and a rug. Cheap, easy to source/fabricate and works very well for me
              My UPDATED TD9-KX - http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...0/P2240044.jpg

Comment

Welcome to the forum. And congratulations on getting a brilliant setup.

Yeah... what BarT says!! Balls indeed!! Works for me!!
                Last edited by MisterMR; 01-06-09, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kismet110 View Post
                  try 2 layers of 1 inch thick duct foam stuck to each other (make sure to get the adhesive-backed variant!) then 1 inch plywood on top followed by carpet and a rug. Cheap, easy to source/fabricate and works very well for me
                  Out of curiosity, did you cover the entire bottom of the platform in the foam tape?
                  Roland: TD12, KD85, PD105, PD85 x3, CY15R, CY14C, CY12R/C x2, CY5, VH11
                  DW: 5002-TD3 Kick Pedals, 9120AL throne + backrest
                  Yamaha: HS1100 HH Stand
                  Audio Technica: ATH-M40fs Cans
                  Jeroen: Custom Electric Cowbell
                  Kentley: Custom Piezo Trigger Splitter x2
                  ByteArts: VEX TD-20 Kits: Top 50 1&2, Gigging Kits, Exotics 1, Professor's Pack
                  Vdrumlib: Drum Librarian

Comment

Originally posted by Mutnat View Post
                    Out of curiosity, did you cover the entire bottom of the platform in the foam tape?
                    I did although subsequent reading up on the subject makes me think it might have been better to have the duct foam strategically placed in the corners rather than the whole area for better absorption.
                    My UPDATED TD9-KX - http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...0/P2240044.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by sublimestyle View Post
                      Hello forum,
                      i bought the td9sx and the jbl g2's. i am stoked on both of them. i played acoustic druums for ten years, until i moved to newport beach and got an appartment. I play in a band and use the drums for studio and eventually maybe for shows. i practice 2 hours a day, take lessons once a week, and have band practice 2 times a week. drumming is one of the only things i can get lost in, and really be myself when i am playing. i also like snowboarding, skateboarding, beer, and pizza. My one dilema is that my neighbor downtairs can still hear my banging when i practice. I have the bass pedal right on a load bearing wall that goes to her unit,(could be a problem) and the floor is only linoleum. Any ideas on soundproofing even more so i can practice all hours? Thank you fellow drummers.
                      From another new member and TD-9SX owner, welcome. I lived in Newport Beach for a short period of time (worked for California Pizza Kitchen located in Fashion Island).

Comment

Working...
                      X