Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hello and Happy New Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and Happy New Years!

Hi everyone, I'm another beginner drummer looking to start up on an electric kit. Living in an apartment, don't want to disturb those who I live with, etc. etc..

I'm looking to buy a cheap beginners kit, and appreciate all of the help I am getting from just browsing the forum. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. As you have found, it's a very helpful place.

Comment

Welcome to the forum...let us know what you decide to get!
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I actually went to Guitar Center yesterday to check out the Simmons set (I know its reviews are terrible, but on their website it said they were selling Simmons kits at 65% off list and you can't really beat that). Turns out they have actually discontinued the SD5K, which surprised me a bit. The salesperson said they are upgrading to the 7K's only. I tried playing the SD7K and had issues with the bass pedal so, at least for now, it's not worth my money (despite it only being 410ish dollars with the 65% off).

Basically decided I'm going to start taking lessons and keep saving up for a better kit. I don't have much experience with drums and probably wouldn't mind low quality... what do you guys think of $450ish (plus tax) for the SD7K? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by SShah View Post
          Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I actually went to Guitar Center yesterday to check out the Simmons set (I know its reviews are terrible, but on their website it said they were selling Simmons kits at 65% off list and you can't really beat that). Turns out they have actually discontinued the SD5K, which surprised me a bit. The salesperson said they are upgrading to the 7K's only. I tried playing the SD7K and had issues with the bass pedal so, at least for now, it's not worth my money (despite it only being 410ish dollars with the 65% off).

Basically decided I'm going to start taking lessons and keep saving up for a better kit. I don't have much experience with drums and probably wouldn't mind low quality... what do you guys think of $450ish (plus tax) for the SD7K? Thanks in advance!
          I think no matter how cheap a kit is, that if it has poor sound qualities so that you dont enjoy listening to your drumming, and poor pads and pedals that teach you improper techniques, it is not worth the money. In other words, I would play a cheap kit if I were being paid for it, let alone it costing something...I would rather go without, drum into my pillow or on my thigh, and save up for a proper kit...
          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Hi Mate. You got to get a TD3 atleast, to get a good start off.

Comment

Working...
            X