Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

A new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new member

Hi. I would like to introduce my self. My name is Gary and I am trying to get back into my drum playing. I'm 59 years old. Played the drums in High School, studied music in Collage, and spent a lot of time playing in rock bands in the 60's and 70's.

I quite playing around 1974 and sold everything. But I did keep writing some songs. Built a studio in the 80's and got involved again for about 8 years. Once again, I got raid of everything and took another 10 years off.

At age 45, I gave my life to Christ. The Church need a bass player. I also play the bass, so I was playing again.

I have a daughter that is very musical and writes a lot of music. I built another studio 2 years ago. I figured the Roland drums would be the route to go in the studio. I bought a set. I didn't play them a lot but I would use them to record the drum parts. Now I have gotten into those drums.
    Custom V drum kit, Roland VS2480CD recorder, Fender Jazz Bass, Martin D28 Guitar, KRK8 monitors, JBL 4312 monitors, Mesa Boogie Bass Amp, Marshall Guitar Amp

Welcome Gary! Nice to see the V-drums have turned you back to the dark side (no not to the banjo, to the drums)!

Which kit did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by tomrbland View Post
      Welcome Gary! Nice to see the V-drums have turned you back to the dark side (no not to the banjo, to the drums)!

Which kit did you buy?
      I have a TD6V. I bought myself a couple of Christmas presents for the kit. I bought a 14" crash cymbal to use as a ride. My module won't do the 3 way triggering so it will work fine for that.

I also bought a PD105 to use as a floor tom. All of my pad are the mesh type.
      Custom V drum kit, Roland VS2480CD recorder, Fender Jazz Bass, Martin D28 Guitar, KRK8 monitors, JBL 4312 monitors, Mesa Boogie Bass Amp, Marshall Guitar Amp

Comment

Sounds ace! Its always nice to here from new people!

Comment

Welcome to the forum,. and back to drumming. You are in good company here, as many of us have had long breaks from playing.
          Enjoy your time here.

Comment

Welcome to the "dark side," indeed!

We're always happy to see folks returning to the drums, so welcome aboard. Plus, we all love to see pics of everyone's kits (and studios), so be sure to share some photos when you have a chance.

All the best.
            >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Working...
            X