Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hello from Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Kentucky

Hi, I'm 47 and just starting on drums although I've played bass and guitar for a few years. We moved to KY from New Jersey in 2006 and brought my daughters 5 piece acoustic kit. I messed around with that for about a month but the houses are too close to one another in Lexington and I didn't feel comfortable with the noise so I bought a TD9SX from Sweetwater in early October. So far I'm really happy with the kit and I've added both VEX upgrades and the VDrums Library based upon comments on this forum, I'm very happy with those as well.

I also ordered the 31 Disk instruction set from Jack Bennet in Mid December because knowing little about drums it seemed like a good way to learn. Unfortunately the package delivered both sealed and empty (no DVD's just the cardboard shell ) so I'm not sure if someone stole the contents when loading the package or in transit. I've left a message on the help site at Rockyhouse yesterday but so far no response so I've cancelled the transaction with my credit card company in the interim.

Anyway it looks like a great group on this web site and I'm hoping to learn a lot about drumming and also about how to best optimize the TD9. For me the drums are more of a toy than a necessity but I'm having a blast and haven't even touched my guitar or bass more than a few minutes since the drums arrived

Welcome to the forum. Nice kit to start with that, and straight in with VEX too - cool.
    What a shame about the DVD set. Thieves are rife everywhere these days. I hope the company honours their end of the deal.
    Enjoy your time here, I'm sure you'll find it very useful.

Comment

I second that welcome, and from a fellow td-9er, who was an exchange student in new jersey....hope the company resends your dvds, it must have been an unpleasant shock to discover!

best of luck...

saku
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Welcome BillD, have fun on that kit.
        Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Welcome BillD.
          I grew up in Edgewood Ky. 75 miles north of Lexington. (Cincinnati suburb). I took many road trips to Lexington. Mostly for sports tournaments and college road trips to UK to visit friends. Very pretty place.
          You came to the right place. You'll get most of your questions answered here. There are some very smart people on this forum. Wish I was one of them.
          Enjoy the TD9!

Easy Cheapo gig set:
          Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz, Mahogany; ultra portable 4 piece in custom DIY flame sparkle wrap.

Comment

Welcome from Somewhere in Texas. Enjoy the kit. I got mine last Saturday & am having a blast.
            David
            TD-9KX stock kit with extra PD-85 & CY8

Comment

Let me get this right mate. You bought your daughter a 5 piece acoustic kit then took it over.Then you went out and bought a TD9 with all the add ons. Shame on you.
              So what is your daughter actually playing now ????

Comment

Working...
              X