Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hello from a new vdrums forum member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a new vdrums forum member!

I'm a long-time and former "acoustics only" drummer now getting back into the drumming scene, and much to my surprise, vdrums are the reason for my return; townhouse living will really put a damper on a drummer's love....

I've been reading lots of posts in search of answers to the many questions I've had about vdrums and just wanted to say hello and share with everyone that I've finally ordered my first vkit - a new set of TD-9S from ebay, brand new in sealed boxes for $1495 US. Weeeee!

Being a rock guy at heart, I'll be hooking it up to my DW7002PT for some double kick loving. I will also be upgrading to a KD-120. I've read lots of opinions, but when I actually got to try one with a 7002PT in Guitar Center, I fell in love with it (so much better than the KD-8 - IMHO). The KD-120 seemed to be tensioned just a little on the low side and it felt so damned good (to me). Never played sixtuplets (3 on the top and 3 on the bottom) so fast in all my life!

Anyway, I'll also be adding a couple of other upgrades down (PDX-8 will have to go in favor of a PD-125) the road and will frequent the classified here.

Thanks to everyone's contributions and answering my questions without even having known it.

-K

Hi Koneill

As I'm new here myself having just got a kit (weeee! ), I know how you feel, I've been reading a lÚt on this forum for a long time before getting a vdrum

Comment

Welcome, and glad you have found answers regardless of asking! It's why we're here!
      Enjoy the forum.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Td-9er...glad you are finding answers...and i want a pd125 as well...
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Thanks all...

I should be getting my kit Saturday. Can't wait! Any good websites out there that list tricks and tips for the TD-9S?

I was in Guitar Center playing the one there today (sanity checking my purchase ), and I was a little concerned with the sensitivity of the pads until I started messing with settings such as sensitivity, threshold, etc. Luckily I was able to dial in some pretty satisfactory results.

I'm sure the vdrums will require an adjustment (from acoustic drums), but I can't wait to start playing again!

Comment

Originally posted by koneill View Post
            ...Any good websites out there that list tricks and tips for the TD-9S?
            Look no further than this forum! It's the best for ALL thing VDrum related! An immense amount of knowledge and experience is shared by its members. (Just use the search function.)

Here is a good place to start for your question: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...highlight=tips
            VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
            ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
            ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
            Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

Originally posted by TNT View Post
              Look no further than this forum! It's the best for ALL thing VDrum related! An immense amount of knowledge and experience is shared by its members. (Just use the search function.)

Here is a good place to start for your question: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...highlight=tips
              Thanks, TNT! That's a great thread. I'll continue poking around the forums for additional golden nuggets.

Comment

Working...
              X