Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Person here from Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Person here from Louisiana

Hello all, I bought my TD-3 V drum kit used about a year ago. Im 34, and got my first acoustic kit back when I was 15 and on the drum line in highschool. Played in various garage bands then, went to college, eventually picked up another cover band and bought my second acoustic set. Got married and had a child and the drums got put up...I stopped playing completely...that was until just over a year ago when I saw some youtube videos on the TD-3. I sold my acoustics and bought the TD3. I have been playing at home since then...pretty much every day. I did play on an acoustic set during a sound check for my friends band at a big venue and surprised how well I did. He actually uses acoustic drums with triggers and mixes the sounds. Also has a Vdrum setup on side of the stage he uses for some songs(Van Halen, etc)

I was out last week with a bunch of musician friends I had not seen in a while at a jam night when I over heard someone looking for a drummer.
    So, I will be practicing with them in less than a week. Its a Alice in Chains tribute band. Im confident the TD3 has all the sounds I could ever need for that, my chops are plenty for it, just waiting to see how much amplification I need for practice/gigging(I saw the sticky thread).
    Been reading on if I should run stereo/mono, etc...great info here!!!!!!
    TD-3 Vdrums with extra CY-8

Originally posted by MikeLa View Post
    Hello all, I bought my TD-3 V drum kit used about a year ago. Im 34, and got my first acoustic kit back when I was 15 and on the drum line in highschool. Played in various garage bands then, went to college, eventually picked up another cover band and bought my second acoustic set. Got married and had a child and the drums got put up...I stopped playing completely...that was until just over a year ago when I saw some youtube videos on the TD-3. I sold my acoustics and bought the TD3. I have been playing at home since then...pretty much every day. I did play on an acoustic set during a sound check for my friends band at a big venue and surprised how well I did. He actually uses acoustic drums with triggers and mixes the sounds. Also has a Vdrum setup on side of the stage he uses for some songs(Van Halen, etc)

I was out last week with a bunch of musician friends I had not seen in a while at a jam night when I over heard someone looking for a drummer.
    So, I will be practicing with them in less than a week. Its a Alice in Chains tribute band. Im confident the TD3 has all the sounds I could ever need for that, my chops are plenty for it, just waiting to see how much amplification I need for practice/gigging(I saw the sticky thread).
    Been reading on if I should run stereo/mono, etc...great info here!!!!!!
    Welcome to Vdrums MikeLa. If you have any questions just ask. A lot of us here will at least give it a shot even if we don't know the answer.
    alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the band. AIC cover band eh...cool!

Comment

Welcome aboard! We're happy to have you joining us. Let us know how things progress with the band. We always enjoy hearing gig tales.
        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Originally posted by V(ader)DRUMMER View Post
          Welcome aboard! We're happy to have you joining us. Let us know how things progress with the band. We always enjoy hearing gig tales.
          Thanks guys, Im excited to try them live. They have been VERY reliable on a daily basis for me. My snare is the one with the mesh head, I guess I should pick up another?
          TD-3 Vdrums with extra CY-8

Comment

Working...
          X