Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hello to all from SF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to all from SF!

Well, I'm not really from SF; but--since nobody knows where Castro Valley is--it's just easier in the long run.

I, like many others, started playing drums thanks to video games; but it wasn't Rock Band or Guitar Hero that did it--I have Konami's Drummania to thank for that, as well as helping me learn a lot of the basic beats and a general feel for getting around a kit. I've had an acoustic kit for the past two and a half years or so, but--what with spending a year abroad in Japan in a dorm, and the rest of the time not getting home til later--I haven't been able to get a ton of practice in.

So, to rectify this, I picked up a set of Roland TD-3KW's today at Guitar Center. It never hurts to ask (in this case, there was an additional 10% off the $50 deal going on today), and I can't wait to set them up tomorrow. Glad to meet you all, and hope to talk at you all soon!

Well, Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on getting a good deal on the kit. I hope you enjoy it....

ah the bay area, beautiful...

keep the beat

saku
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the purchase, and...
      Yay! to the Bay Area - purveyors of the finest thrash ever to come from your side of the pond.

Comment

Hear, hear to the thrash! I actually have a drum stick from Death Angel's last show sitting in my room now, and I will be framing that soon. Though we can't take all the credit; Europe gave us Iron Maiden, and--my personal favorite--melodic death metal!

Comment

Originally posted by Serric View Post
          Hear, hear to the thrash! I actually have a drum stick from Death Angel's last show sitting in my room now, and I will be framing that soon. Though we can't take all the credit; Europe gave us Iron Maiden, and--my personal favorite--melodic death metal!
          Serric, you need to check out this old thread!

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45402

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
            Serric, you need to check out this old thread!

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45402
            Haha! I'll see that, and raise you this (note: NSFW language):

http://aribancale.multiply.com/journ...on_Metal_Genre

Edit: I also just noticed where you're from. Your hometown's given me three of my favorite bands, and I need to pay a pilgrimmige there one day!

Comment

Haha! I'll see that, and raise you this (note: NSFW language):

http://aribancale.multiply.com/journ...on_Metal_Genre

Edit: I also just noticed where you're from. Your hometown's given me three of my favorite bands, and I need to pay a pilgrimmige there one day!
              ok, I'm guessing In Flames, what are the other two? I was at Metaltown here last summer, to see In Flames, Nightwish, etc...

It was a fun list you pointed me to!

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                ok, I'm guessing In Flames, what are the other two? I was at Metaltown here last summer, to see In Flames, Nightwish, etc...

It was a fun list you pointed me to!
                In Flames, Dark Tranquillity (the lead singer for In Flames' first two albums is actually the lead singer for this band), and At The Gates. I'm jealous about the Metaltown, but--if I end up doing my PhD in the UK like I plan--I'll be there soon enough

Glad you liked the list!

Comment

In Flames, Dark Tranquillity (the lead singer for In Flames' first two albums is actually the lead singer for this band), and At The Gates. I'm jealous about the Metaltown, but--if I end up doing my PhD in the UK like I plan--I'll be there soon enough

Glad you liked the list!
                  OK,Dark Tranquilty I know, but at the gates doesnt ring a bell..will keep an ear peeled for them....

Comment

Yay to the Metalhead thread! Great souvenir that. I missed them when they were over here this year.
                    I like At The Gates too. Need to check out Dark Tranquility though.
                    Last edited by KevH; 12-29-08, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Thats a good starter kit to get mate. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X