Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hello from South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from South Carolina

Hey to all...

36 yr old here... played drums in High School (snare, quads) and have always had that burning desire to get a set. Picked up a td-3 before christmas. Love it.. especially for the price. I have a 14 yr old son that is learning, so it's basically for him (cough, that's what I told the wife )
    Any way.. I do have a question... Regarding the Hi-Hat location and the module. Should I put the Hi-Hat to the left or right of the module? Or is it more of a comfort issue?

Thanks,
    Shawn

I don't think it matters where you put it. Some folks here have the HH center mounted. Mine is to the right of the module. Whatever floats your boat.
    Welcome to the forums.
    TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase.
      I have my HH to the right of the module (look at my kit pic) but it's personal preference of course. Wherever it's most comfortably in reach.

Comment

Welcome and christmas greetings.....

put the hihat where it's comfortable, but also, where you dont accidently hit the module!
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

shawn,

welcome to the group ! I started with a TD-3, added a Dingbat to get another trigger and then eventually replaced the whole thing. Be careful, these v-drums are addicting.

I really liked the TD-3, it served me well for over a year, but it is a bit limited and eventually I sold it off when I got the new kit all together

It's GREAT you can do something with your son, mine is on the cusp of moving out of the house. They're only young once so it's great you guys have the drums as something to do together.

Placement of things is somewhat personal but if you do something too unconventional anyone else will have a hard time at your kit and vice versa. I put my TD-12 on the right side of my kit, most everybody has it on the left side. part of my rationale is to "protect it" as it does stick out a bit, where my drums kit sits it's liable to get banged into.

This is a great place for information/ support from folks all over the world.

Be glad you're in South Carolina, we're getting buried under record snowfalls here in Spokane, WA. You can play your TD-3 instead of shoveling
          Last edited by Picksorsticks; 12-27-08, 10:21 AM. Reason: added an additional comment
          Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Picksorsticks... 80 degrees today. I hate it. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by shawn7 View Post
              ... 80 degrees today. I hate it...
              Yea, yea, yea - don't you just love it? Among other things - that's why we live here.
              Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Grey View Post
                Yea, yea, yea - don't you just love it? Among other things - that's why we live here.

haha.. like the sand fleas...

Comment

Working...
                X