Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Knocking off the cobwebs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocking off the cobwebs

Greetings.

I've been on hiatus for the last 3 years and just started pulling my gear out of my storage unit. Yes, I know... shame on me... I moved, got married (again) and had another baby.. it happens ;-)

I'm really impressed with this forum and it has been very educational already in my search for programming, configs, MIDI setups, etc.

For the longest time I played a hybrid kit - a mix of acoustic drums (Pearl Masters BRX) with Ddrum triggers, a few Roland pads and a TD10 in an industrial band (Godless Promise Mechanism) and metal band (Standing On The X) in the Colorado Springs / Denver area.

I plan to play all electronic for a while and do some experimenting, while I get my chops back. I still have the TD10, three PD100s, three PD120s, a KD120, FD7 and five PD5s. (I think I have a couple old school Simmons pads and at least one Dauz 6" pad somewhere too).

I have a Roland JV-1010 and an Akai Z4 sampler that I want to integrate into the setup. If anyone has done this already - please hit me up with suggestions.

Thanks in advance to everyone who shares advice in the forum.

Jeff

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, and the last person likely to be able to help you integrate your JV-1010 (whatever that is) and Akai Z4!

Fortuntately, there are many very knowledgeable folks here, and you will soon be in good hands!
    Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and back to drumming.
      Enjoy your time here in this most helpful of places.

Comment

Greetings from Korea! Glad to hear you are back playing again. It'll come back quick...it's like riding a bike, you know.
        Lou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GsB530PL5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEope5aaDnk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BCo3...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRjIf...e=channel_page

Comment

Welcome aboard! Always happy to see another drummer returning to the instrument after a few years off. You'll find that three years is a very short hiatus compared to the time off some of us took before making it back.

All the best!
          >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Welcome and UTFSE Seriously, as this is the Foyer you might get better advice about your situation in the VST or recording forums...there are some brainiacs over there.
            chris :D

Comment

3 years, Huh. Thats lightweight. I was out for 20. Im only back from the dead because of these Rolands. Sad thing is I know what I need to do. Its just that the old body cant do it anymore. Still, its fun compromising.

Good Luck Jeff. Your in the right place here mate.

Comment

A welcome from me too,this is the best place when you're back to drumming.
                btw i am really impressed how many people here are back to drums after a long break.i think the average age of the members must be around ..40,45 ?
                Ex E-kits:
                ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                current E-kit
                ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
                " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Thanks for all the "Welcome Back" messages.

I totally agree that this is the best resource for getting back into drumming with V-Drums.

Since I first posted this last week, I ordered some Roland cymbals: CY-12H, (2) CY-14C, & CY-15R on E-bay. They should arrive this week. This completes my V-Drum kit - I'm stoked!

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by e15141 View Post
                    This completes my V-Drum kit
                    Yeah, right!

(Is the wife watching?)

Bruce

Comment

No doubt...no e-drum kit is ever "complete". Give in to the GAS.
                      TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

True, True... no kit is ever complete ;-)

Regarding the "Wife topic" - she's cool. I actually met her when my band was opening for Orgy in Colorado Springs in OCT 2004.

I threw her a drumstick... and well... that caused me to get married and have two more kids! haha So be careful who you throw a drumstick to at your shows ;-)

Comment

Dude...you were in the Springs? That's where I live. I played bass in a band called Skapegoat here until they moved to Denver in 2002.
                          TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

I thought you looked familiar! LOL

I played drums in POSNEG, Godless Promise Mechanism (GPM) and Standing on the X (SOTX).

I left the Springs in NOV 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
                              Dude...you were in the Springs? That's where I live. I played bass in a band called Skapegoat here until they moved to Denver in 2002.
                              I have seen Skapegoat perform a few times - but I am pretty sure I never played a show with you.

Are you playing in a band now?

Comment

Working...
                              X