Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New drummer / vdrum stalker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saku
    replied
    Originally posted by adrummer View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice!! I decided to plump for the al mesh TD-9 Am very very happy so far. Have played for around 10 hours in 3 days already. Am starting to improve... slowly.

The only noise issues so far are when I turn my monitor up (obviously), or when I hit the 'floor' tom, or any rim shots, which travel through the rack and into the floor, making my whole (2nd floor) room shake. Any idea if making a riser will help with this situation?

Thanks again!
    search for 'tennis ball riser' and you will get instructions on how to build something...your kick pedal is also probably causing tremours when you stamp on it....

Leave a comment:

• adrummer
    replied
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice!! I decided to plump for the al mesh TD-9 Am very very happy so far. Have played for around 10 hours in 3 days already. Am starting to improve... slowly.

The only noise issues so far are when I turn my monitor up (obviously), or when I hit the 'floor' tom, or any rim shots, which travel through the rack and into the floor, making my whole (2nd floor) room shake. Any idea if making a riser will help with this situation?

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• KevH
    replied
    Welcome fellow Englishman, and welcome to the world of Edrums and useless/useful information.
    You have a dilemma already with the kits, but definitely try and go with the TD9 if you can. Mesh heads, well, they are so much nicer to play on, but 400 extra is a hell of a lot too.
    I went mesh, but Hart, which are cheaper, but less available here.
    I don't think prices will drop much in the new year, so maybe it's worth you looking at used kits on eBay, as there are some real bargains to be had there for sure.
    Anyway, welcome once again. Enjoy your time here.

Leave a comment:

• saku
    replied
    In general, get the best module you can afford, because GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) strikes quickly and deeply - and it is cheaper in the long run to go in whole heartedly...I myself started on an Ion kit (bad mistake, it was junk), and then progressed from a 6 to a 9.

the hd 1 is a non starter - you cant upgrade it easily--but either the three or the nine can be added to, and expanded, until it grows to monsterous proportions (see, first you replace the rubber toms...then you replace the module...and have more inputs so you get to use those old rubber toms after all...then you replace the frame, and upgrade the rubber toms one more time...then you upgrade the module again...and have MORE inputs to fill...a never ending circle! - and i didnt even mention the people who link two or more modules together!)

Depending on how much of a beginner you are, both the 3 and 9 have features for you - I am not just a beginner, but also barely competent, and really like the scope and backing track features (esp being able to mute the drums OR the accompaiment, or just leave the bass on as a jamming track) on the 9. The 3 has rhythym coach features, but I find that i never use them (on the hpd 10 that i also have).

Everyone will say to definitely get a mesh snare...and most will say that mesh toms will save your wrists from a lot of strain. I disagree, but i am in the minority, I dont seem to mind the rubber toms...but I wish I had a bigger snare than the pd-85, as it is ridiculously small...so, a kit with a pd 105 snare, at the least, I think is a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• adrummer
    replied
    hehe words of wisdom! I'll make sure she doesn't read this thread

I've not actually bought a kit yet - here comes my first question...

I'm waiting 'til after xmas to see how much cash I can scrape together after expenditure / income (i'll be lucky!), but, I've been thinking (dangerous) and:

The minimum I'd want to go in at is the TD3 as I think I'd be really dissatisfied with the HD-1 from what I've read, and sitting at it (could hardly fit at 6ft 2 and it felt like a marginally bigger rockband kit).

Having said that, I like the look of the TD-9 module, and like the look of the mesh heads on the KX even more - but I don't know if I can justify the extra 400 or so for the mesh heads. What do people think? Is it worth the extra cash, is it too much for a beginner? I just don't want to shell out now for something I'll be dissatisfied with in 1/2 years.

Thanks for the welcome and any advice

Leave a comment:

• saku
    replied
    Welcome to the forum

don't be shy, show us what you got! and remember, gfs come and go, but drumming is forever.....

Leave a comment:

• eric_B
    replied
    Welcome, it seems UK members are slowly taking the lead over here. What kit did you buy? And don't be afraid to ask stupid questions, we love it and do it all the time.

Leave a comment:

• adrummer
    started a topic New drummer / vdrum stalker

New drummer / vdrum stalker

Hey everyone,

A big hello from a new drummer in a London terrace Hoping that vdrums will provide me with a great kit to learn and improve on for a long time, and that they won't annoy my neighbours / gf too much

I'll no doubt be asking daft questions, but will hope to contribute when I can too!

See you round
Working...
X