Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Brr. Chilly in Seattle, but I got drums to keep me warm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brr. Chilly in Seattle, but I got drums to keep me warm.

Hey folks,

Been trawling the boards for a bit now as I tried to decide what kit to bought. Just received my Roland TD12 KV on Friday . . .and am obsolutely in love with it. I haven't played drums since high school. . .so I'm ridiculously rusty.

Quick question:
    I'm getting a lot of "bounce" on the kick drum, often getting two notes out of a strike when I only want one. I've tried adjusting the head tension, but that doesn't seem to do the job. Any advice?

Welcome!

TRIGGER, ADVANCE, SCAN, Mask Time:

When playing a kick trigger the beater can bounce back and hit the head a second time immediately after the intended note—with acoustic drums sometimes the beater stays against the head—this causes a single hit to “double trigger” (two sounds instead of one). The Mask Time setting helps to prevent this. Once a pad has been hit, any additional trigger signals occurring within the specified “Mask Time” (0–64 msec) will be ignored.

Adjust the “Mask Time” value while playing the pad. When using a kick trigger, try to let the beater bounce back and hit the head very quickly, then raise the “Mask Time” value until there are no more sounds made by the beater rebound. * When set to a high value, it will be difficult to play very quickly. Set this to as low a value as you can.

(TD-12 manual, Page 51)

Bruce

Comment

Welcome from the other side of the state. I haven't seen your weather over on your side...be glad you're there, over 2 feet of snow here since yesterday.

I have a TD-12. I've yet to figure it all out or get any vex kits. I started with a TD-3 and built up my own kit.

This is a great place for info/opinions/help

Enjoy your new TD-12
      Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nice kit, and you'll soon get your timing back, you'll be amazed at how quickly too.

Comment

Hello and all that, and hope the rust is falling off slowly...

enjoy the kit!
          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
          X