Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Greetings From Charleston, WV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings From Charleston, WV

Hey everyone. Hello from Charleston, West Virginia (please, no hillbilly jokes).

I'm just a paramedic who was offered a chance to play drums in a friend's band as a weekend gig and thought I'd jump at it. Since we all decided that since I hadn't played for close to 20 years and had no equipment, an electronic kit would be the way to go. Besides, they're easier to transport, set up, and mix.

I decided on the Simmons SD9K and so far, it has been working out great. I've been practicing every day and moving the kit one a week to the singer's house for full band practice and it seems to be holding up with no problems.

After learning about 50 songs and getting endings nailed down, our first show together will be New Year's Eve - wish me luck!

I'm sure that I'll be picking everyone's brain in here for tips and such, so please bear with me!

Later....

Hey a local (kind of). Harpers Ferry here! Welcome to the forum. This is the place for e-drums.

Good luck at your gig.
    -Coop

Roland TDW-20 Module VEX'd, Boss FS-6, two DW 9900 holding four Pintech Concertcast toms, Hart Dynamics Pro Snare on DW 9300, Hart Dynamics ECymbal II HiHat on EPedal II, Hart 14" Crash, 12"crash, 14"China, 16"ride on 4X DW 9700 , Pintech DingBat, Roland KD-120, Tama Iron Cobra doubles, Pork Pie Big Boy Throne (Camo).

Comment

Originally posted by WVMedic19 View Post

I'm sure that I'll be picking everyone's brain in here for tips and such, so please bear with me!

Later....
      Glancing at this, i read your sentence as 'beer with me'. i thought you were inviting us all over for a brew!...what is worrying is that I dont even drink beer, I am a cider man....(dont know what 'cider' is in american english, it isnt what it is in american english. i will now pause as you untangle that sentence.)

And...Welcome to the forest!

Edit; damn, meant 'forum'...never type while watching an icehockey match.....
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Hey everyone. Hello from Charleston, West Virginia (please, no hillbilly jokes).

I'm just a paramedic who was offered a chance to play drums in a friend's band as a weekend gig and thought I'd jump at it. Since we all decided that since I hadn't played for close to 20 years and had no equipment, an electronic kit would be the way to go. Besides, they're easier to transport, set up, and mix.

I decided on the Simmons SD9K and so far, it has been working out great. I've been practicing every day and moving the kit one a week to the singer's house for full band practice and it seems to be holding up with no problems.

After learning about 50 songs and getting endings nailed down, our first show together will be New Year's Eve - wish me luck!Later....

Good Luck Mate.

After 20 years your going to be rusty. I know cause Ive been there. Its no big deal though mate. The people out front would'nt know a parradiddle from a flam so no worries. Just enjoy.
        Oh, and as a paramedic, you got my respect mate. All you guys and girls are diamonds.
        Last edited by John.b; 12-19-08, 05:54 PM.

Comment

...After learning about 50 songs and getting endings nailed down, our first show together will be New Year's Eve - wish me luck!...
          A drummer/Paramedic?

Just don't confuse your e-drumming rythms with your ACLS algorithms and you should do just fine on the gig.
          Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Good luck. I'm just getting back into drumming myself after 15 years so I know how rough it is

Comment

Hello Fellow Mountaineer, ( Southern WVA Here )

Welcome to the forum. I too started playing drums after 17 years. I decided on Roland V Drums (TD 6) myself. I could not be more pleased with my decision. I've joned a band in Charlottesville VA and we are currently recording a CD for promotional purposes. It is even better now that it was when I quit playing 17 years ago.
              Roland TD 6 XST with extra CY and mesh pad.......also using a 22" acoustic Pacific bass drum with a Rolland trigger.

Comment

Welcome to the best place for E-drums.

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the gig.

Comment

Working...
                  X