Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey everybody

hello there my name is juven ive been playing latin music for about 21 years now.im mainly a percussionist but have been made to focus on drumming now. i started at 12 playing drum machines i had a rx7 and an sr16,remember those. i swithched to spd 11 i played 2 at a time for many years till i was intreduced to the spd 20.i then sold one 11 and the other had freak accident.i just begun to convert into drumming. i bought a cheapo electronic set from sams and ive been been using it midi with the 20.ive been going to the music shops were ive been falling in love with the v drums.i just one a pd100 from ebay my plan is to build aset like johny cash 1 peice at a time.so if anybody selling annything or has had some experiance building a set drop me a line.im looking for a td10,12,or20 basicaly because i think these are the only modules that have an extra output for the bass drum so it can be regulated individully.i might be wrong so if you any other information please drop me a line thanks
    Spd 20,td 4,pd 120,100,80,cy 8,kd 80

Welcome to the forum Juven. Enjoy your time. I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers shortly.

Comment

Hej Juvey!

I started with an ion kit that had the sr16 has a brain....

there are a lot of texans here, so you should feel right at home!

Not sure what you meant about regulating the bass drum, but all the modules, rolands at least, have a single and singular input to the bass drum...various attributes of which can be manipulated...
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

ALWAYS happy to welcome yet another Texan to our little club. Welcome aboard!
        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Welcome juvey. Edrums will be really good for playing Latin music. Since you're from Texas (as I am originally) I will assume you're play Tejano...am I right? Once you get a primary module, you'll probably want to get another one to expand your kit. Personally, I found that the TD-6V makes an excellent expansion module and has a WEALTH of latin percussion sounds to choose from! Anything you would want for those cumbias are right there.
          Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
          "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

thanks guys, what i meant by regulating the beass drum is to send it to the mixer seperatly so the sound man can regulate it

Comment

Hi juvey, I do like Latin percussion. Its an art form on its own. Good luck with the kit.

Comment

i just got my first pd100

i just got my pd100 yesterday ill try to upload some pics of my kit.i connected it to the spd20,changed the trigger type to pd100 and im having trouble with the rimshots if anybody has a remody im all ears
                Attached Files

Comment

A PD-100 doesn't have a rim sensor.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                  X