Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Austria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Austria

Hi,

i just wanted to say hello to everybody around here.

Just a few things about me:

I'm just a complete noob regarding drumming (my main instrument is the electric guitar), but drums have always fascinated me. I had an acoustic drumset a few years ago, but alway was too lazy to go down to the basement to practice (although there is quite much of humidity because it's a really old building in the center of vienna, so the drumset "disliked" the room too). A week ago, i bought a Roland TD-12 Set, and I am really happy with it (i won't even touch the limits of the e-set for a very long time :-) ).

Hi, welcome here! That's a great kit you bought, have fun with it!

Comment

Welcome to the forums noob. The TD12 is an awesome set particularly as a first kit. You're a Lucky guy.
      TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

Originally posted by chiphead View Post
        The TD12 is an awesome set particularly as a first kit. You're a Lucky guy.
        Oh yes

I thought of starting with something cheap (Alesis USB Pro kit with EZDrummer), but i soon realized that there are too many restrictions in playing dynamics, and I didn't want to learn wrong playing technique because of bad drums, so I decided to spend some more money on something better. Now I'm completely satisfied (but as I have read many articles by now I feel the beginning of GAS spreading through my mind ...)

Comment

Welcome aboard Noob... when I first read your post I thought it said 'Hello from Australia'

TD12's rock... have fun with it

Comment

Welcome!

though since you are starting with such a great kit, you are hopefully going to be spared the worst ravages of GAS...

ah Vienna, the city of culture and cafes!
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
              .....though since you are starting with such a great kit, you are hopefully going to be spared the worst ravages of GAS.......
              I wouldn't count on that!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                I wouldn't count on that!!
                me too

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                Welcome aboard Noob... when I first read your post I thought it said 'Hello from Australia'
                Maybe I really should get one of those "There are no kangaroos in Austria"-T-shirts
                But I'm taking this as a compliment for my lousy english...

Originally posted by saku View Post
                ah Vienna, the city of culture and cafes!
                exactly :-)
                have you already been to Vienna?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by The_Noob View Post
                  .....Maybe I really should get one of those "There are no kangaroos in Austria"-T-shirts
                  lol

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nice first kit!

Comment

Welcome to the group,

I also went the guitar to drums route. I think I'm a better drummer (already) than I'll be a guitar player.

I have the TD-12 too. It's an excellent kit and one that won't have you frustrated by playing some cheap piece of junk.

Playing more than one instrument gives you a little better insight into music and songs, that it's a partnership a conversation amongst all the instruments, it's not all about the drummer or the guitar part , but about the song.

Hopefully GAS won't get you too badly. You just have a few other inputs to fill up. I started with a TD-3 and after some upgrading, then went the rest of the way to what I have now.
                      Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

Yes, welcome Noob - I think you may be the first member from Austria (first I've seen anyway). V-drums don't like humidity either so I hope you're not still in that basement.
                        :-)

Comment

No, it's much more comfortable now :-). Maybe I should give you an imagination of how my living room has transformed into my homerecordingstudio (my girlfriend just loves me for that :-) )...

I'll upload some pics for you later...

Comment

Yes, we all like pictures!

Comment

Here we go (click for fullsize):

My gear:

Roland TD-12 Set
                              Selfmade DAW (Quad Core)
                              RME Multiface II (On Neutrik Patchbay)
                              SM-Pro Audio TB202 TubePreamp
                              Viscount EFX-1 Effectsprocessor
                              M-Audio Keystation 88es
                              Korg Electribe EA-1
                              Yamaha HS50 Monitoring
                              Fender American Deluxe Strat
                              Ibanez S Series (i think S470)
                              Yamaha Western Guitar (don't know which model)
                              One old "noname" classical guitar (but really nice sounding)
                              Squier Jazz Bass
                              Marshall Valvestate 8080 Guitaramp
                              Hughes & Kettner Tube 100 Top + 4x12" Box (far too big for an apartment, but even too big for our band room, and I even don't play gigs with it because I don't want to carry it :-), so I try to sell it and buy a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe instead)

...and my old Harddiskrecorder Zoom MRS1044, which is for sale now
                              Last edited by The_Noob; 11-03-08, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X