Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction....

My name is Eric. I live in Philly.

I've been playing drums for about 15 years. Up until about 5 years ago I played just about every day all day until I moved into an apartment and my drums were stolen at the same time. After that I only did rudiments on a practice pad and took up guitar.
    For the last year and a half I've moved back towards drums and upgraded my kit to fit my current tastes in sound. After a couple "conversations" w/ my neighbor I decided to purchase a set of Roland TD20 V Drums from ebay. With that said I plan to rededicate myself to fundementals and developing a better overall feel for the drums. As well as playing as much as humanly possible.

Welcome to the forum, and i hope you enj0y the td 20..and may they be safe from the light fingered cretins who took your last set!

remember, we love to see photos and videos of your drumset and your playing!

also, remember that the drum kit is not totally soundless, and you might want to search the site for 'tennisball platform' or 'neighbor' so you dont need to have more conversations....
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
      Welcome to the forum, and i hope you enj0y the td 20..and may they be safe from the light fingered cretins who took your last set!

remember, we love to see photos and videos of your drumset and your playing!

also, remember that the drum kit is not totally soundless, and you might want to search the site for 'tennisball platform' or 'neighbor' so you dont need to have more conversations....

I found the drums. The story goes I jammed at a kids house who was a friend of a friend twice. We never got around to going back and when I called to arrange pick up and was told the family moved. That's the short version. Fast foward to a year ago and through the magic of myspace I was able to find him and offer a few choice words before I received a call telling me to pick them up. Turns out he never moved and they were sitting there still set up.

My neighbor is cool. That problem came up when I moved in and talked to him regarding drums and that I played. He said he didn't care. For about 4 months I kept asking him and talking and he would always say "no problem". One day it became a problem though. He basically said in so many words he couldn't tell me I can't play in my own house but to be courteous. Now being that he works nights, his wife days and he has a new born and a 2 year old I really felt bad playing at all. The V Drums will be in the basement so I'll have them on some thick carpeting and he shouldn't hear a thing. I'll most likely be playing through headphones most of the time.

Comment

Welcome to this fine forum. Enjoy your time in this informative place.

Comment

Welcome Bentnosewp. A TD-20 right from the get go...now that's diving right into it. Congrats! I see you are from Philly...I will assume you are an Eagles fan and I promise not to hold that against you...Go Cowboys!
          Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
          "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
            Welcome Bentnosewp. A TD-20 right from the get go...now that's diving right into it. Congrats! I see you are from Philly...I will assume you are an Eagles fan and I promise not to hold that against you...Go Cowboys!

I've wanted them for years now. My wife urged me to get them. Acoustic drums are nice but it's 2008. Time to upgrade. Plus I wanted some expressiveness w/ my drums instead of having to keep adding drums to my rack.
            What prompted it was I saw them on ebay brand new for $4,500. I couldn't pass it up.
            I also told my two children they can learn to play on them if they want as they won't drive me nuts w/ the noise.

Comment

Working...
            X