Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first post

Hi forum

I've just purchased my first vdrum kit, the Roland TD9KX, after a long time lurking on the forum as a guest reading literally 100's of posts. I'm extremely happy with it, and already thinking of expanding it. Though maybe I should learn to play the drums properly first because I'm actually a guitarist (played for nearly 14 years)!

Thanks for this great forum, there's so much information, and hopefully I'll have something to contribute too in the near future

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. You will find lots of helpful folks and a few curmudgeons, but definitely one of the best forums on the Internet!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. It certainly is a very informative place. I suspect that you will hear from my spamming pals Saku and Fullback in the near future, but I promise we will not hijack your welcome for the purpose of boosting post counts.
      Welcome once again.

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
        I suspect that you will hear from my spamming pals Saku and Fullback in the near future
        ..or that Vader guy who's still pathetically trailing along in the triple digits.

Welcome, MW. We're happy to have you joining us. You'll find lots and lots of new TD-9 owners around here, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of pointers on enjoying your new kit.

All the best.
        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Hi MW! I bought a TD-9KX 6 months ago and still like it a lot. If you have GAS, already, then go for the VEX kits. They should be first on your list. Why: cheap and a major improvement to the standard kits. After that, go for extra/better cymbals, toms, pedals, modules, headphones, amps, thrones, ...

Comment

Welcome, from a fellow TD9er, (fully expanded), and a wannabe guitarist! Lots of fun to be had here.

Dont worry, learning the drums is easy as 1,2, 1,2,3 ,1,2 er something, tiddly bum bah bah dum something something....
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
              Welcome, from a fellow TD9er, (fully expanded)
              ehhh, you or the TD-9?

Originally posted by saku View Post
              Dont worry, learning the drums is easy as 1,2, 1,2,3 ,1,2 er something, tiddly bum bah bah dum something something....
              Well, that explains why you're posting here all day instead of playing the drums .

Comment

Originally posted by eric_B View Post
                ehhh, you or the TD-9?

Well, that explains why you're posting here all day instead of playing the drums .
                hey, I play for about an hour a day, I cant concentrate for more than that...minus 8 hours for sleep, that leaves me 15 hours for posting!
                TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by MW- View Post
                  Hi forum

I've just purchased my first vdrum kit, the Roland TD9KX, after a long time lurking on the forum as a guest reading literally 100's of posts. I'm extremely happy with it, and already thinking of expanding it. Though maybe I should learn to play the drums properly first because I'm actually a guitarist (played for nearly 14 years)!

Thanks for this great forum, there's so much information, and hopefully I'll have something to contribute too in the near future
                  There's something in all of us string players that desires to play drums, although I think it is a bit more pronounced in us bass players. Perhaps it is the innate inferiority complex that bass players suffer from.
                  Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                  "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Working...
                  X