Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old drummer from Puerto Rico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old drummer from Puerto Rico

Hi everybody!

I was a drummer sometime ago(very long), and played on an acoustic set. I got an old Ludwig set (5 toms, 3 snares, 6 cymbals, 1 bass with double pedals, timbales,etc) and since drumming here(PR) did not pay to much, I got another job. Family and kids made me retire from drumming and stay stable. Now I got me an HD-1 and it serves me well enough for what I need. Once a drummer, you are always a drummer!

What I'm missing from that HD-1 it's a right hand crash, and a little more volume from the cymbals!
    Ludwig Classic Drums (My first, and still, love). TD-4 frame with a PD-120 on stand, 2 KD-8 pads with splitter cable and 2 DW3000, 2 PDX-8, 2 PDX-6, 2 CY-12R/C, CY-13R/C CY-15R/C, VH-11, CY-5 and a TD-20X Module.

Welcome. I have always wanted to visit Puerto Rico.
    sigpic

Comment

hello too from me!

are you introducing your kids to the HD1? Drumming through the generations!

Hope hurricanes dont interfere with your drumming,

cheers
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

The ghost of Tito Puente is watching. Make him proud.

Comment

I did not know some people answer this. Sorry about the delay in expressing thanks. I been kind of busy with personal matters, but I'm planning to add a third cymbal to the HD-1 soon. So far I'm quite happy with the response of this kit. The things that bugs me more if the need for a right hand crash ( I'm used to that) and the low volume of the ride ( maybe is my tinnitus).
          Ludwig Classic Drums (My first, and still, love). TD-4 frame with a PD-120 on stand, 2 KD-8 pads with splitter cable and 2 DW3000, 2 PDX-8, 2 PDX-6, 2 CY-12R/C, CY-13R/C CY-15R/C, VH-11, CY-5 and a TD-20X Module.

Comment

Welcome siurano - nice to have you in our little group - I hope we can get to hear some of your playing soon

Comment

Originally posted by siurano View Post
              Hi everybody!

I was a drummer sometime ago(very long), and played on an acoustic set. I got an old Ludwig set (5 toms, 3 snares, 6 cymbals, 1 bass with double pedals, timbales,etc) and since drumming here(PR) did not pay to much, I got another job. Family and kids made me retire from drumming and stay stable. Now I got me an HD-1 and it serves me well enough for what I need. Once a drummer, you are always a drummer!

What I'm missing from that HD-1 it's a right hand crash, and a little more volume from the cymbals!
              Welcome mate from a very old git.

Once you've done it you've just got to keep doing it.

Ill bet you'll have a TD9 by the end of next year.

Comment

Bienvenido Hermano. I'm from Puerto Rico living in Virginia. Have an acoustic kit and a td-20. Like you said, once a drummer, you are always a drummer. Saludos from the states.

Comment

Hey Siruano welcome !!!

i was thinking about this hd-1 last year but glad i didn;t get it because GAS would have attacked me in 3-4 days.What did u use the 3 snares on your accoustic for ?

do u know the song from vaya con dios
                  a ya ya ya ya ya puerto rico ?
                  Ex E-kits:
                  ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                  ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                  current E-kit
                  ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
                  " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Hey Siruano, when do we jam!?!?!?!?

My eDrums thread

My acoustic drums

Comment

Working...
                    X