Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new here and need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here and need help

hi to all looks a great forum,like most ive come here for help.im now 39 had my last remo kit at the age of 15 so many years ago,and now ive got some cash saved for a kit,im unsure weather to go for a roland or the yamaha and if so what model please ,hope you all can help

Moll,

You present us with a VERY common question...you can follow other similar threads

It comes down to how much money you have to spend, how into it you think you'll be. You should get the best gear you can because it's cheaper in the long run.

I started with a TD-3, gradually replaced everything. Now I have a TD-12 based all Pintech kit.

If you stick with Roland or Yamaha you'll do OK. You will find fans of each. There are other makers of drums/cymbals, Hart or Pintech to name two. Some folks are all one brand, others are a more mix and match.

If you give the group what you are looking for in features, etc and how much $$ you have you will get some very good suggestions on what to buy and why.

Good luck, be careful, these v-drums are addicting and can really add up on you.
    Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

Working...
    X