Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings to you Vdrummers, another UK newbie - TD12 & DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings to you Vdrummers, another UK newbie - TD12 & DIY

hi Guys, thought i would introduce myself as i have been lurking here for some time.

I got V drumming due to the need to start practicing drums at home again, i have evolved my set up for some time & am just about happy with it.

setup
    TD12 module
    Diy tom & bass pads - 20" 16" 14" 12" 10" & converted old mapex snare
    Cymbals - yamaha PCY130s x 2 & PCY150 x 1 im waiting on a VH11 hi hat
    Yamaha rack
    Axis Pedals
    DW9000 remote hats

all this sits on my newly made tennis ball platform (great thing it is)

i have attached a few pics

later
    Professor Nut Butter
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forums Prof!

Had to ask, what's on earth is a tennis ball platform?

Cheers

Rich

Comment

Hey welcome onboard m8..... very very impressive kit you have there..... and the tennisball board has been mentioned on this forum a lot allready... what i am interested in..... have you used the more expensive tennis balls filled with gas or the cheaper ones that loose their hardness after a while? I think that will make a big difference for the board and how well it functions....
      TD9-KX newbie :)

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Rich View Post
        Welcome to the forums Prof!

Had to ask, what's on earth is a tennis ball platform?

Cheers

Rich
        Hi Rich

the platform is the riser my kit is sat on, it acts as a shock absorber from the impact of my feet.

i learnt how to make it from this forum, use the serch for more info, but here is a few more pics of it being made/set up
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by petevdrum View Post
          Hey welcome onboard m8..... very very impressive kit you have there..... and the tennisball board has been mentioned on this forum a lot allready... what i am interested in..... have you used the more expensive tennis balls filled with gas or the cheaper ones that loose their hardness after a while? I think that will make a big difference for the board and how well it functions....
          hi mate

to be honest i have not even considered what balls i used, i was on a budget so bought the cheapest i could find... i got 24 off ebay that had been from a canceled order for a big supermarket chain so they worked out at 0.50p each... very nice they are & came in vacuum sealed tubes.

Comment

Working...
          X