Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy all!

Greetings from Colorado!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I recently purchased a Roland TD-9SX. After many long years of yearning and drooling over kit after kit, I finally went for it and am very happy with my purchase. The mesh heads rock!

I consider myself an advanced beginner. I played a bunch in high school (way too many years ago) so getting back in the groove has been slow but steady. Thank God for AC/DC, playing along with them makes a newbie like me feel like a veteran (not a diss on AC/DC [one of my favorite bands], just fairly simple drum beats).

I've been lurking around this site for a few weeks, and can see that there are quite a few of you ready and willing to provide me with the sage advice I'm looking for. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Originally posted by Squidster View Post
    Greetings from Colorado!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I recently purchased a Roland TD-9SX. After many long years of yearning and drooling over kit after kit, I finally went for it and am very happy with my purchase. The mesh heads rock!

I consider myself an advanced beginner. I played a bunch in high school (way too many years ago) so getting back in the groove has been slow but steady. Thank God for AC/DC, playing along with them makes a newbie like me feel like a veteran (not a diss on AC/DC [one of my favorite bands], just fairly simple drum beats).

I've been lurking around this site for a few weeks, and can see that there are quite a few of you ready and willing to provide me with the sage advice I'm looking for. I look forward to getting to know you all.
    hej! Another Td-9er! Great to have you in our ranks....and glad you like your module....
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
      hej! Another Td-9er! Great to have you in our ranks....and glad you like your module....
      Hi and welcome by another TD-9K(S)X player!

Hmmm...that gets me thinking: would it be interesting to start a thread or poll which kit (or combi) you play and perhaps why and why you like (or hate) it? Or has that been done already (and died out)?

Comment

Nice to hear from you Squid.

Have you got 8 arms.

This drumming lark will be a breeze for you if you have. 4 sticks, 4 pedals. Think of the computations. Awesome.

Comment

Another welcome from far far away.

Comment

Originally posted by eric_B View Post
            Hi and welcome by another TD-9K(S)X player!

Hmmm...that gets me thinking: would it be interesting to start a thread or poll which kit (or combi) you play and perhaps why and why you like (or hate) it? Or has that been done already (and died out)?
            there have been polls asking for instance to choose between a 9 and a 12, and plenty of what kit should i get? threads were the upperclass (12/20 owners) cast dispersions on us pond lifers who have lesser modules....and the advantages and disadvantages are thrashed thoroughly....

course, if we had the dosh, we would ALL have double td-20 setups!
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Hey squidster...I'm in the Springs too. Welcome!
              Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
              "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Another welcome from a brother Colorado-an. Or is that Colorado-ite? On the other side of the mountain (Grand Junction) but with this forum almost like right next door.

Shalom
                Bruce

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I don't live in Colorado, but I visited there once.

Comment

Thanks for the nice welcome everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                      there have been polls asking for instance to choose between a 9 and a 12, and plenty of what kit should i get? threads were the upperclass (12/20 owners) cast dispersions on us pond lifers who have lesser modules....and the advantages and disadvantages are thrashed thoroughly....
                      course, if we had the dosh, we would ALL have double td-20 setups!
                      I know what you mean. You can go throwing money at bigger and better kits till the baliff comes round, but it wont make you a better drummer. On the contrary, youll spend more and more time tweaking and less and less time playing.

It dont matter what you play as long as the sound you get satisfies your ears.

A good drummer will make an HD1 sing.

Me, well I got a TD6KV with a PD125 snare, Cobra double power gluide, and an extra crash cymbal, and `Im happy as a pig in sh-t'.

This gives me all I need.

Comment

Working...
                      X