Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi all - UK drummer (TD12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all - UK drummer (TD12)

Hi everyone!!

I've been prowling this forum over the last week in anticipation of purchasing an electric kit... and am over them moon as I bought it last night!!!! So it's time to formally join the group.

I've been drumming since school (i'm 25 now), and played in various bands - lots of live perfomances... all on accoustic though. I did have an old single unit Yamaha set of pads to play on, which kind of set my opinions on electric kits as being pretty naff...

As I can't play drums at my house (I give my neighbours enough grief), I've been getting rusty, so I did some research into electric kits. I saw some superb demo videos of the TD12, and starting looking straight away.

And here I am! So helllo!!

Hi and welcome aboard!
    Congrats on your TD12 purchase. Enjoy

Comment

Thanks - I did... until 1am last night

I think most of it was spent on "melodies" kit mind...

Comment

I can totally relate to that!!!

Comment

Hello and welcome on board!...

yes staying up to 1 exploring seems familar somehow...
          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Right on Asholay! You're gonna love that TD-12...good choice.
            Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
            "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Hell yeah..! I'm itching to get home from work!!!

I would have gone TD20 if it wasn't such a huge chunk of money; all the preceeding models seem to be so closely priced, it made sense to go with the 12...

Comment

Originally posted by Asholay View Post
                Thanks - I did... until 1am last night

I think most of it was spent on "melodies" kit mind...

It's a slippery slope... 1am........ then 2am.......then 3am........ you get the picture...

...and then there's GAS!

Comment

Hi Ash. Good you could join us. Another Brit for my list.

I didnt start till 12.30 this morning.

Well its better than sleeping. (What a waste of time that is).

Comment

I already want to get another cymbal... so it's GAS time already for me unfortunately!

Hi John - good to hear it, sleeping is indeed a complete waste of time... you started where I left off by the sound of it (although I only stopped because my right arm was killing me from playing along with my ipod - now that was good fun)

Comment

Trust me. This is where it starts!

I have already bought another cymbal and a KD-120 kick. It's a slippery slope my UK drumming compadre

Welcome in, V-drums for the win
                      TD9KX w/KD-120 kick, VH-11 HH, PD-125 snare, CY-8 crash, Gibralter double pedal :cool:

Comment

You're damn right - couldn't resist going to the music shop at lunch time... bought some lighter sticks and a new throne - only just managed to stop myself getting a Big Dog double kick pedal, but I'm pretty sure I'll cave in soon lol...

Comment

Oh dear!!!! You have almost certainly caught the GAS virus! 14 months ago I had never played drums before and didn't even own a pair of sticks. Have a look in my signature for the results of chronic and advanced GAS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                            Oh dear!!!! You have almost certainly caught the GAS virus! 14 months ago I had never played drums before and didn't even own a pair of sticks. Have a look in my signature for the results of chronic and advanced GAS!!!!
                            Its terrible, GAS is...I never even thought about headphones before reading these threads, and now I am saving up for a ATH 50...after having ALREADY bought a good pair....I got it from Herl who got it from Stijn, and stijn got it from Puss who got it from michael...and maybe, mind you, i said maybe, we'll give it to you...

apologies mr lehrer....
                            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Don't forget the original perpetrators of this virus Saku..... JMan and Computerman.

Comment

Working...
                              X