Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cam from the Goldie says hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam from the Goldie says hi

Hey All

Im Cam. Here are some fun facts about me

- I live on the Gold Coast in Australia, home of the risque postcard and tacky tshirt
    - Been playing accoustic for 14 years
    - Had my eyes opened when I went to local music shop and played vdrums for 40 mins
    - Living conditions demand that I 'make the switch' to electro

Thats about it, anything else gimmie a buzz

Hello Camo!

welcome to the boards...what kit did you settle on?
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Welcome Cam
      Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

Another Aussie for the team
        Welcome Cam

I hope it is warmer up north than it is down here. Bloody freezing at the moment!! Brrrrr...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
          Welcome Cam

I hope it is warmer up north than it is down here. Bloody freezing at the moment!! Brrrrr...
          A freezing aussie and a boiling viking may actually have the same temperature
          Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

Hi Cam and welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
              Welcome Cam

Hi SP. Sorry its got so cold for you. Its gone below 25C then.

Comment

G'day Cam, and welcome from the NSW south coast

- I'll rib you when the Tigers beat the Titans (that's rugby league for our o'seas viewers).

Now we need some kit pics from you - have a look at SP's threads and you'll see what you'e up against.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
                  Hi SP. Sorry its got so cold for you. Its gone below 25C then.
                  lol
                  Some nights it has gone down to quite literally freezing point here. That's normal for the middle of winter in Geelong. Summer tends to be the exact opposite with 40C days not uncommon.
                  Crowded House wrote 'Four Seasons in one Day' based on the weather here
                  Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                  .....Now we need some kit pics from you - have a look at SP's threads and you'll see what you'e up against.
                  Perhaps Cam will catch the GAS virus and join us on our crazy quest for world drumming domination!!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys, you are all rockstars

No decision yet saku, my budget suggests DTXIII...kinda liked the rolands better though. Was thinking a low use second hand as an option. Im not going to rush my purchase but im really keen to get into it.

SP it is a lot warmer than old Geeeeelong but after living on the coast for 10 years anything below 20 becomes hoodie and trackies weather, and this is from a guy who used to ride to school in Ballarat.

Hercules the Titans are doing their ritual end of season dive, and you can rib me all you want when the Tiges beat us...cause we all know the State of Origin scoreline
                    and just for the official record I do support the Titans but my heart lies in AFL country with Richmond.

And omg yes SP I have seen your kit, you clearly have an advanced degree in physics, industrial design, robotics and awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by lost_motel_cam View Post
                      SP it is a lot warmer than old Geeeeelong but after living on the coast for 10 years anything below 20 becomes hoodie and trackies weather, and this is from a guy who used to ride to school in Ballarat.
                      Now THAT I can relate to. I lived in Ballarat for around ten years and Ballarat winters are coooold! I remember it snowing at midday on a number of occasions. I filmed one of those occasions for Channel 7 news.

Do you remember a VERY cool place called Cafe Bibo? It is still there now but apparently is not the same cool place all us creative folk used to hang out.
                      I recently edited some footage I have from a Bibo percussion jam during the second Ballarat Winter Festival.
                      HERE'S some of that footage
                      And omg yes SP I have seen your kit, you clearly have an advanced degree in physics, industrial design, robotics and awesomeness.
                      lol and cheers

Comment

Dont remember the cafe but i love the footage!
                        I dont know whats better, the suspect looking fella randomly taking his pants off or the guy with the 'i cant believe i got stuck with the freeking clapper sticks again' expression

Comment

lol Cam
                          The guy unzipping his pants is a rather colourful character and very well known for being a tad controversial!! He's always doing something edging on dodgy!!

Comment

Originally posted by lost_motel_cam View Post
                            Thanks for the welcome guys, you are all rockstars

No decision yet saku, my budget suggests DTXIII...kinda liked the rolands better though. Was thinking a low use second hand as an option. Im not going to rush my purchase but im really keen to get into it.

I agree, whenever it goes below -20 C I need to add an extra jumper...unfortuantely what with global warming we dond get that so often any longer....

[/QUOTE =lost_motel_cam;324964] us...cause we all know the State of Origin scoreline
                            and just for the official record I do support the Titans but my heart lies in AFL country with Richmond.
                            [/QUOTE]

Ah richmond, my second favourite team after geelong....cats, tigers, do you see a pattern??

EDIT: obviously I failed terribly in figuring out how to split up a quote. oy gevalt.

s
                            Last edited by saku; 07-28-08, 05:17 AM.
                            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Sheesh, got to be quick around here to add a welcome to a fellow Aussie!

Welcome aboard LMC - please keep your hands and legs inside the vehicle at all times. Emergency exits are located at the front and rear and all members are encouraged to use them frequently
                              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                              X