Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uniting those V-drummers in DC, Maryland, Virginia metro area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniting those V-drummers in DC, Maryland, Virginia metro area?

Just a quick post to see who we have in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia metro area in the US. I am in Alexandria, Virginia, not far from the former home of dear old George Washington (Mount Vernon).

Recall an earlier post that attempted to connect those from the area, but that is in the mist of the vdrums archives at this point. So, here's a refreshed post.

We have a phenomenal international community on this site. That said, our broader, international community is strengthened when we also get together (virtually or in person) in the local community. Let me know where you are, and who knows? Perhaps a local gathering to check out gear, share experiences and problem solving, jam, parade...

Peace,

Tadman
    Tadman

"I wanted to play drums because I fell in love with the glitter and the lights, but it wasn't about adulation. It was being up there playing."
    (Charlie Watts)

E-kit; Roland TDW20BkV-pro modified; SPD-S; HPD-10; some vintage edrums for nostalgia,... .

Va. is for Drummers!

Another Virginia v-drummer here! I originally hail from Philadelphia, Pa., but have been living in Va. since 1992. I currently rent a Basement Apt. in Burke, Va. In the basement is great because I don't need to worry about the "Thump" from the Bassdrum bothering anyone else. On Fri. & Sat., I get to go LOUD on the Amp if I wish (Permission granted!).

I currently have a TD12, TD8, SPDS, VH12, KD120(Bass), PD120(Snare), PD80(T1), 3xPD100(T2,3,4), CY15R/C, 3xCY8, some assorted Pintech Cymbals & a DIY RotoToms. I'm not a Professional drummer, more of a hobbyist, but I do practice for 1 Hour EVERY day (Mandated by ME!) without fail

Currently, getting together for a meet is OK if I can get there by Metro as I currently have no car. Riding the Metro is fine for work, but I wouldn't want to bring my kit on a bus!!

Bob
    TD-12, TD-8, SPD-S, and a whole bunch of various triggers! ALL Roland stuff :)

Comment

Local folks

Bob,

Great to know. Thanks for the kit description. Burke is not that far afield..., so getting together not a problem. Need to get you some wheels, man!

Tadman
      Tadman

"I wanted to play drums because I fell in love with the glitter and the lights, but it wasn't about adulation. It was being up there playing."
      (Charlie Watts)

E-kit; Roland TDW20BkV-pro modified; SPD-S; HPD-10; some vintage edrums for nostalgia,... .

Comment

I spend way too much time at work, but I may be able to swing a get-together some weekend, some day.

Comment

Yeah, got to pay for v-drums some how!

All need to balance, though. Vdrums help me face work pressures!

Tadman
          Tadman

(Charlie Watts)

Comment

Working...
          X