Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gnu to the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gnu to the Forum

Hey everyone!

I have been lurking for a while and thought it was time to sign up...

A bit about me.. I have been drumming for almost 20 years off and on. I just finished a studio in our basement and started to weigh options for my drum room. I have a fine A kit that I bought a few years ago. It sounds great, but our little girl would not be too happy if I was thumping away after 8pm right below her room. Although the room is somewhat soundproofed (steel studs, acoustic caulked joints, door sweep, etc), it is not practical for me to try to record a full on A kit and try to keep the peace in our home.

About 10 years ago, I built a rubber pad kit for my DM5. It worked, but I wasn't pleased with how everything felt. In 2001, I did find some mesh practice heads that I mounted on an old kit with triggers and they functioned well, but I still loved my kit. I started to run a few searches recently and was considering buying a full blown e kit. I was happy to find that some of the names were still the same (spacemuffins, pintech, hart, visulite (well, now pintech) as well as a few others. What I was even more stoked to find is that DIY is alive and well in e drumming! I was very happy to find this forum.

I am going to convert an old Pearl kit for my studio, I'll post pics as the project progresses. Now to go dig the ol' DM5 outta storage and start saving for a newer module...

See you on the boards!
    Mike

Welcome Mike. Can't wait to see the progress of your conversion.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Michael. I have been staying up well past my bedtime feverishly reading posts and trying to establish a baseline of what I can expect from my e kit. This is going to be a fun project.

Comment

Sounds like mad scientist time at your house. Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Welcome to the home of your soul mates. Igor, get the man a drink.

Shalom
        Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bopper View Post
          Sounds like mad scientist time at your house. Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Welcome to the home of your soul mates. Igor, get the man a drink.

Shalom
          Bruce
          LOL, I believe it is I that should be buying a round Drinks for all!

Comment

Originally posted by MPLS_Mike View Post
            LOL, I believe it is I that should be buying a round Drinks for all!
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

I just bought 2 virtual cases of 24oz Red Stripe and put them in the cooler. They'll be ready in a couple hours.

Comment

Welcome. What does the MPLS mean?

Comment

...and what the heck is a 'Red Stripe?' Are you trying to get me drunk or some'pin?

I ain't gonna pee off the roof like last time...

(I will not shotgun beer. I will not shotgun beer. I will not shotgun beer. I will not shotgun beer. I will not gotshun beer. I will not botgun sheer. I will not botsun geer. I won't bot some geer...)

Oh the heck with it, gimme another.

Shalom
                  Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bopper View Post
                    ...and what the heck is a 'Red Stripe?' Are you trying to get me drunk or some'pin?

I ain't gonna pee off the roof like last time...

(I will not shotgun beer. I will not shotgun beer. I will not shotgun beer. I will not shotgun beer. I will not gotshun beer. I will not botgun sheer. I will not botsun geer. I won't bot some geer...)

Oh the heck with it, gimme another.
                    Ha! Now that there is some funny stuff! Reminds me of a few good times... Red Stripe is some fine Jamaican brew, huh?

Csnow:
                    MPLS= Minneapolis MN= my hometown

Comment

Working...
                    X