Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old V-drummer from down under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old V-drummer from down under

Hi everyone,

I'm an old v-drummer from arguably the most lethal and beautiful country in the world. It's been so long since I set foot in the door here that I thought I'd be best off re-introducing myself. Heck, I've got an awards ceremony to prepare within a couple of months and frankly I don't have the faintest idea who the hell any of you are!!

... and to an extent that suits me just fine because I have a strong suspicion that many of you come from the Northern Hemisphere and things just don't seem quite right up there. However, in my best effort to extend an olive branch to those whom I may have previously offended let me apologise unashamedly for giving you what you deserved. Clearly I should have relegated my fiesty curmudgeonly behaviour to the backburner in favour of a more diplomatic approach to pointing out the absurdity of living North of the equator (ie the ******* of the earth).

Now however it seems I digress - the world moves a lot faster now than when I was here last. There's talk of fancy new expansion cards and modules whose very numbers seem to surpass my age. It is hard to keep up with it all, let alone have anything remotely helpful to add. So here I am, relegated to be a fart in the dishwasher of life and thinking that the race has indeed left me behind. So, I'll sit on the front porch of my house (that so many of you Northerns rightly fear to visit) and talk about 'the old days'... while yelling through my toothless mouth for those young whipper snappers to keep the noise down a bit

And now with introductions behind us - allow me to point you all to UTFSE and to hope against hope that the souless fiends who used to frequent this place (GB, Boingo, Jman, Pim, ODG, Joe, SITM, MR, Can,... and the rest of you lazy buggers) are still tearing it up! I'm looking forward to the 5th (can you believe it??) awards (if I haven't been drawn and quartered by then)

See you then
    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Welcome back cobba, always a pleasure to see a legend of the forum return... the prophecies are fast fulfilling- the great expansion is nigh!!
    "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
    Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

Comment

but we all know about xxxx after terry pratchett's seminal book on it, the last continent...
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Ah Stevo... you're an Aussie. Gotta love this wonderful place we call home.....
        Aussie Aussie Aussie
        Oi Oi Oi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c3mVSUQza8
        Last edited by SuperPuss; 07-20-08, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I tried posting earlier, but couldn't log in anymore...

Glad to see you're back Steveo! I was wondering where you were. Like you might know, I'm away from time to time for quite some time as well, and it's always a pleasure coming back! .

Stijn
          'lectric drumma
          Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Welcome back- from a newb

Comment

Originally posted by 'lectric drumma View Post
              ...it's always a pleasure coming back!
              Stijn
              Now if I just click my heels together three times and say 'there's no place like home, there's no place like home'...

Thanks for the welcome amigo's - I'm glad to see there are few more aussies on deck now. There used be a time when a cooee would go unanswered!

Ahh, how I have missed this place
              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Hi Steve. Welcome back mate. Your right about the N.Hemisphere. Its all going to sh-t.

I reckon all the blood sucking leaches up here, should be sent to the outback down there and forgotten about. Let um roast till their b-lls drop off.

Comment

cooooooeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Oi, oi, oi!
                    . digitalDrummer
                    Review index

Comment

Bonzer! Thought you must have come a guster or got stonkered and fallen down the dunny, it's been so long since we heard from you. Always a joy to read the irreverent posts that emanate from the bludger from the back of Bourke. The first bloke in history to play Waltzin' Matilda on a kit made of e-tinny's.... and no-one gave a XXXX.
                      Welcome back, mate. p.s. Watch out for the new Sheila's around here... some of them are built like a brick s house.

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
                        .....p.s. Watch out for the new Sheila's around here... some of them are built like a brick s house.
                        We're bred tough around these parts mate. Fortunately, I'm pretty placid and gentle as a general rule and don't get aggro very easily unless someone really gives me the ****s!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                          We're bred tough around these parts mate. Fortunately, I'm pretty placid and gentle as a general rule and don't get aggro very easily unless someone really gives me the ****s!!
                          You do know he is a-pain-in-the-ass-member, do you?

Stijn
                          'lectric drumma
                          Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by 'lectric drumma View Post
                            You do know he is a-pain-in-the-ass-member, do you?

Stijn
                            lol Yeah... I saw that under his name

Comment

Ah yes, the prodigal son returns. Welcome back old pal. I promise not to make any remarks about tutu's this time. Maybe you will stay longer.
                              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X