Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From North Carolina

Greetings! Just thought I would jump on here and introduce myself. I am what I would consider a novice drummer. I used to have a Tama Rockstar DX kit, but when I joined the Air Force I wasn't able to keep it. I have played off and on over the course of my 14 year career, 5 active duty and the rest in the reserves. I am finally at a point where I am going to be in the same place long enough that I can start to seriously play again. I have always wanted a TD-20 and finally picked one up. I am loving it. I am just starting to scratch the surface of wht it can do, and it is already blowing my mind. lol. Like I said I am a novice, so if anyone has any tips or tricks that they would be willing to pass along I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Josh

Greetings and hello from a fellow novice...keep us posted on how you're doing!
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Where in North Carolina?

I'm North of Hot Springs, Northwest of Asheville.
      My band http://therosefamiliar.com

TDW-20 with two additional PD-85s and four additional CY-8s, various VEX kits, and VDrumLib

Crappy Behringer Eurolive B215D 15" Powered PA Cabinet for monitoring
      Two JBL EON 515 15" 450-Watt Self Powered Speaker for front of house

Behringer ULTRA-DI PRO DI800 8 channel direct box

ESI ESU1808 audio interface with Reaper for recording

Comment

I am in Sanford, about 45 minues south of Raleigh just off of highway 1. I moved here from Wisconsin a little over a year ago.

Comment

Hello... I'm new here too, and also live in NC. Apex - just west of Raleigh

Comment

Welcome Hooch...I'm a 20 year Air Force retiree. Glad to see more AF guys here!
            Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
            "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Hi Josh.

Dont spend too much time frigging around with it.

You got to play.

Make changes as you go along. What sounds good one week will sound crap the next.

Ive been playing a TD6 for 2 years come xmas and Im still paying around with the sounds, but I spend a lot more time playing than I do frigging.

Comment

Working...
              X