Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from San Francisco

Hi there,

I actually don't have a roland kit unfortunately, but I do have a Simmons SD-7 that I purchased a while ago and wanted to connect with other drummers such as yourselves.

A little background on me : started playing drums at 13 while taking piano lessons and listening to lots of industrial - grew up listening to a lot of metal. Started marching and playing in orchestras in high school, became a music major and immersed myself in classical percussion and non-percussive orchestral music until I could shed my ego enough to listen to metal again. Weird how even when you think you are immune to social pressures you find yourself overly scared of people's opinions of you.

Anyway now - I listen to a lot of everything, jazz, anything made with computers, ambient/drone/space, all kinds of stuff.

Hope to make some friends here and thanks for having me !

Welcome aboard! We're happy to have you joining us. No social pressures here, just lots of social misfits.
    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here. There are alot of great people here. A little time here and you'll be building the e kit of your dreams.

Vinny
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

I ad my welcome too, nice to see someone from San Franny join.

Comment

Welcome! With your background I think you can add a lot of knowledge here!
          2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

Welcome, man ... I am sure you're gonna find a lot of cool folks here.

Vader always pressures the newbies...

Originally posted by V(ader)DRUMMER View Post
            Welcome aboard! We're happy to have you joining us. No social pressures here, just lots of social misfits.
            What he REALLY means is that there is a MAJOR social pressure here to be a social misfit. But then again, the man is right....

Welcome dude
            Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

Working...
            X