Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Ft. Riley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Ft. Riley

22 years old, originally from Wisconsin, joined the army 2 years ago. Currently stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas. going to iraq very soon. been drumming for 5 years, started out on a ludwig 8 piece, now playing a 9 piece Pearl Export. Got into electric drums becasue the neghibors dont like my exports ( had a visit from the local PD the fitst night i played them) I picked up a Yamaha DTXpress last night, its pretty big and came with alot of extra pads. got a sweet deal on them too Im a Huge Rush fan, seen them 5 times, twice this tour. been listining to them since forever, i actually wore out my dads cassettes when i was a kid. Neil Peart is my whole reason for playing the drums, and im still trying to learn how he does it all.
    Last edited by Rifleman WI; 07-09-08, 11:41 AM.

Welcome aboard, mate. You will probably find a lot of cool people here and a great deal of useful information, but hey ... remember to show some drums or something. People here are suckers for drum-pics.

Good to have you with us.
    Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Rush is awesome. I've seen them in concert and they were great. I also have the 3 DVD concert of them that I watch.
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service. Wow, sounds like things have changed since I was in. They are letting you ship your drums to a combat zone?

Comment

Welcome to the board. I too thank you for your service. Be careful over there and check in whenever you can.
          Doc

Upgraded V-Pro, TD10 with TDW-1, V-cymbals, DW pedals, JBL EON15 G2, BBE482, Octapad II Pad-80, Misc external signal processors, 7 pc TAMA Crestar, Zildjian cymbals; 5 String Bass, 12 string and assorted 6 string guitars

Comment

Once again, we see just how far a drummer will go to keep making his music - packing an e-kit in a combat zone!

Be careful out there. Keep your head down and your sticks up!

All the best.
            >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Welcome to the nut house.

Many thanks for helping to keep us safe from those who would enslave us, those worthless cowards who won't face us in open battle, hiding behind religious writings making sneak attacks on the innocent and murdering women and children.

The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace.

Shalom
              Bruce

Comment

Hey brother, 20 year Air Force vet here....you be careful over there and know all vets are thinking about y'all. Give 'em hell and come back home safe.
                Last edited by Fullback32; 07-09-08, 11:30 AM.
                TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Welcome to the forum! This is a GREAT place for information!

Rush is my all-time favorite! Neil is the BEST!

I'm a Navy man myself. Providing communications support to the warfighter is my current job. I'll be back out at sea soon enough, though.

Thanx for putting yourself on the line for our great country. I respect what you do.

Watch your back and get back home safe!
                  VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
                  ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
                  ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
                  Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bopper View Post
                    Welcome to the nut house.

Many thanks for helping to keep us safe from those who would enslave us, those worthless cowards who won't face us in open battle, hiding behind religious writings making sneak attacks on the innocent and murdering women and children.

The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace.

Shalom
                    Bruce
                    X10 - great post!

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post
                      Welcome aboard and thank you for your service. Wow, sounds like things have changed since I was in. They are letting you ship your drums to a combat zone?
                      yea, whatever i can fit in a tough box, i can take. some people are having their families send them mountain bikes becasue thats what they all ride over there around the FOB. thanks for all the support guys, i really appreciate it. i ended up picking up an expanded Yamaha DTXpress last night for $350, was used in a church, so its in really great shape. will get pix of it shortly and ill get pix of my old kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman WI View Post
                        22 years old, originally from Wisconsin, joined the army 2 years ago. Currently stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas. going to iraq very soon. been drumming for 5 years, started out on a ludwig 8 piece, now playing a 9 piece Pearl Export. Got into electric drums becasue the neghibors dont like my exports ( had a visit from the local PD the fitst night i played them) I picked up a Yamaha DTXpress last night, its pretty big and came with alot of extra pads. got a sweet deal on them too Im a Huge Rush fan, seen them 5 times, twice this tour. been listining to them since forever, i actually wore out my dads cassettes when i was a kid. Neil Peart is my whole reason for playing the drums, and im still trying to learn how he does it all.
                        Welcome to the asylum mate. Take it easy over there. Keep your head down, Watch out for road sides and when you run out of bullets, give em a wicked drum solo.

Comment

What is your MOS?

Comment

Working...
                          X