Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend blues

Well my TD10 didn't turn up today, DHL will deliver it on Monday so no new toy to play with this weekend.

Will have to pull the cork on a few instead.

Have a good one folks.

N.
    TD-12 VEX TMC-6 A2E kit 16 pieces and growing and a cursed left handed child of the devil.

A sad situation mate, but absence makes the heart grow stronger.

Anyway, when they do come you can play all night. Chin up and all that.

Have a couple for me.

Comment

Hurah!

The TD10 has landed oh joy new toy I can see me having a late night, strange I am begining to feel a little ill might not make it into work tomorrow..lol

Now Vexpressions a good move?
      N.
      TD-12 VEX TMC-6 A2E kit 16 pieces and growing and a cursed left handed child of the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by Navare View Post
        The TD10 has landed oh joy new toy I can see me having a late night, strange I am begining to feel a little ill might not make it into work tomorrow..lol

Now Vexpressions a good move?
        N.
        Nothing wrong with playing all night The boss will have to understand. Unless you're the boss

I have'nt got vex yet. But everyone here says it's great.

Vinny
        Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Congrats! VExpression is the BEST move. Unless you are an expert in programming kits like they are, you will never hear your module sound so good.
          sigpic

Comment

What kind of PC gear am I going to need to load it on as i only have a crappy old laptop running Win98 millenium? and is it worth while turnning my TD6 into a TD6-V as I am going to use both Mods to run my eventual DIY kit.

N.

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
            Congrats! VExpression is the BEST move. Unless you are an expert in programming kits like they are, you will never hear your module sound so good.

Comment

As for equipment, all you need is a crappy old Win98 machine with a MIDI cable. Do you have USB ports? There are some cheap USB MIDI adapters, but make sure they have Win98 drivers for them.
              sigpic

Comment

Don't forget to take a break from playing to keep us informed.
                Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Changes (not the song by Yes)

Hi gang

Well a couple of hours messing around with the TD10 and I am impressed, not amazingly different sounds from my TD6 but the trigger time feel and response are vastly improved.

Think the Vexpressions is the way to go as there are more than a few kits on there that have little or no use like TexMex.

It seems to like my Koby snare but not the bass drum pad far too much recoil and double bounce, will have to work on that, did a factory reset as some of the backing tracks on it were truly awful...lol

cheap USB midi adapter on the shopping list (with win98 drivers) cheers Michael

N.

Comment

Theres been alot of comments here regarding double bounce on the kick and its seems to me that guys arnt setting up right. I was always told that when you sit on the throne with your feet of the pedals there should be at least 4" clearance between the beater and the head, but when your playing, you tend to shift your position on the throne which throws it out. This problem should improve with practice.

The other option is to bury the beater on each stroke. ie leave it on the head. I find this the easier option when playing 2 pedals but when using one, I like to lift my heel slightly, which means I have to have a compromised throne position and height.

I got a TD6kv but Ive added an extra crash and a 12" (PD125) snare and love it.

Comment

Oh I am old school the beater always stays on the head with me, it seems to be looking down while I play that the actualy tower on the Koby is flexing I don't know if this is a desing flaw or the fact I have size 14 feet and I tend to drive from the toe/front of the pedal. I have tried variouse beaters from the plasict hard Roland through to softer rubber faces with almost always the same result.

I am sure I will dial it in in time or hell make myself a DIY Bass that works..lol

N.

Comment

but not the bass drum pad far too much recoil and double bounce, will have to work on that
                        Ok I'm just learning this stuff but maybe also adjusting the tension on the head or maybe putting on some type of patch might make a difference?

Comment

I will continue to play with it and if all esle fails beat it into submission with my bull whip..lol

N.

Comment

I will continue to play with it and if all esle fails beat it into submission with my bull whip
                            It'll probably work 'cause I did the same thing with my old exboyfriends!

Comment

Hence the Ex...lol

You mean they weren't into your S&M treatment I find that shocking!

N.x

Comment

Working...
                              X