Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie Pink Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Pink Floyd

Anyone seen them?

It's the interval and they'll be back on stage shortly. Half way through the show in Basingstoke UK and they rock!

Highly recommend you see them!

i've only heard and seen them on youtube, they sound brilliant , here playing "great gig in the sky".

check this out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV1rM_vKTLI
    http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
    :cool:
    ;)

Comment

I've never seen Pink Floyd, But heard they are awesome. I would have like to see the wall tour way back. But could never get tix.
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

I roady'd for them in Exeter in exchange for a ticket - sore deal actually as the adjacent road was closed so lugging the gear (and boy don't they have A LOT of gear!) was a *****. They were class though. Do they use any triggers? It was all acoustic when I saw them IIRC
        Cheers
        Paul

Comment

I've seen em twice.

They are really good. The first time I saw them, the young woman they had singing "Great Gig In The Sky" wailed better than Claire Torre. The second time, they had a different singer, she was merely good.

Great show. See em if you can. Which shouldn't be hard since they tour pretty much every month of the year and have done so for years on end.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Saw them a couple of years ago at The Hexagon in Reading, StuR, and they were awesome, as you say: they played a great version of "Echoes" in the second half, with really evocative lighting (including oil wheel) and that oh-so important albatross effect wonderfully done. I have to say Think Floyd, who I've seen twice, are at least as good, though, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pchanning View Post
              I roady'd for them in Exeter in exchange for a ticket - sore deal actually as the adjacent road was closed so lugging the gear (and boy don't they have A LOT of gear!) was a *****. They were class though. Do they use any triggers? It was all acoustic when I saw them IIRC
              I saw them in Oslo(Norway) this year, they where great.
              He did use acustic drums with sequenser tracks.

This is the PF tribute band i play in, not sa good as the Aussi band
              We are not pros, just for fun..
              http://www.pink-division.com/sound.htm
              I use Hart drums and a TD10ex
              TD10 exp, Hart pro 6,4, Yamaha O3D mixer, Ecler EPC 7000, 6136 W RMS sound system, etc etc..

www.pink-division.com

Comment

Carcare: No posts in 2006 and 2007 and 2 posts in 2008. Good to see your still alive and well. When I saw the Aussi PF post, I thought of you and your PF tribute band. I think both bands are quite impressive. Of course, I'm slightly biased since I've been a PF fan since the late 60's.
                Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo View Post
                  Carcare: No posts in 2006 and 2007 and 2 posts in 2008. Good to see your still alive and well. When I saw the Aussi PF post, I thought of you and your PF tribute band. I think both bands are quite impressive. Of course, I'm slightly biased since I've been a PF fan since the late 60's.
                  TD10 exp, Hart pro 6,4, Yamaha O3D mixer, Ecler EPC 7000, 6136 W RMS sound system, etc etc..

www.pink-division.com

Comment

Working...
                  X