Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie :)

Hi all am a newbie here been registerd a while but not posted much im 25 from wales.Ive just bought a TD-8 and am waiting for it to be diliverd sometime today so cant wait to dive right in.I was lurning the drums when i was in school years ago and since have tried to lurn the guitar but i think drumming must be a hidden plesure of mine so i sold it on and gone for e drums as im in a flat.

Will be asking loads of questions over the next few months as im starting from scratch teaching myself

Well thats me

Welcome

Hi to you

I started from scratch too last autumn and this site and the great folks here have taught me a lot, even making my own drums ... It's a fab hobby and very infectious too.

Dave
    WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
    FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
    :eek: ...
    Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
    Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

Comment

Welcome aboard from another that started from scratch last June

I totally agree with Dave about the infectious nature of this pursuit. We call it GAS around here (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

Comment

Welcome aboard! I too am a novice at drumming, and learned a lot here...so good luck and good drumming!
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

I'm not a novice but you're welcome by me anyway.

Just remember to use the search engine before posting questions. There is a ship load of information in the database just for the asking.

Cheers and stick clicks.

Shalom
          Bruce

Comment

Welcome. This forum is an invaluable tool in pursuit of all things edrumming.
            Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy that TD-8.
              >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome well few hours have passed and im still battleing the scaffolding lol its been up down up down and i think it still isnt right dose anyone have a front and back view of a TD-8 frame i cant get the snare or the symbols right either .Ive added a pic if anyone can spot were ive gone wrong no manual dosnt help .

thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Rule number one: There is no 'right' and 'wrong.' There is only what you like and what works for you.

You can get a manual at the Roland website, I think.

Clamps can be mounted with the 'L' bar in back, as you have them, or front. In back means the pads are closer to the frame, in front extends them out about six inches further. Below is a picture of my TD10 without the pads you can look at. Not the same as a TD8 perhaps, but will give you ideas for clamp placement.

TD10 picture

It takes a while to get the placement as you want it. It took hours and hours for me to get mine right, but that's because I combined two kits. Look particularly at my cymbal stands, because they are not standard either. Since this picture I've change some more things. The picture below might help, if you can see the clamps. The cymbal stand slightly right of center is on the bottom tube with the stand towards the drummer, then the top slants backwards to come out right next to #2 tom (from drummers left).

Sometimes you can take a clamp, loosen all the wing nuts, then move the pad until it lines up like you want. But this can drive you crazy if you can't hold the whole thing while you move it.

Like I said, not necessarily like the TD8, but should give you lots of ideas.

Shalom
                  Bruce
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Big Bopper; 06-29-08, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Kev welcome to the forum . Like Bruce said there isn't a right or wrong way.
                    You will enjoy the Td 8. I have one and I love it.
                    You have come to the right place to learn about e-drumming.

Have fun.
                    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Think youll have more scope for adjustment if you have the L posts on the other side of the frame.

Im not a novice but Im new to these E drums and Ive spent many happy hours moving them around. Ive been using them for 1 1/2 years now and still move things occasionally.

Welcome anyway.

Comment

Well got it sorted thanks all just need to tidy the cableing ive had a quick go by god theres some fun things on it and some wierd ones to can see me been up early tommorow to play them im really made up with them

bring on the lurning

Comment

Welcome aboard and happy drumming. Glad to have you on here.

Comment

2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

Welcome aboard! Once you have exhausted that new TD-8's sound capabilities check out V-Expressions. You'll be pleased. Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

BTW, the manual can be found here http://www.roland.com/products/en/_s...sp=0&iCncd=227 in case you haven't located it.
                              Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

Working...
                              X