Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here....

Hey guys, I'm a newb here (obvious from the post count). I've been doing an acoustic-->triggered conversion for a friend so I figured I'd join the forum. I converted his Pearl Masters Studio kit along with a Zildjian ZBT cymbal set to an all triggered kit using eBridges and the "A to EZ" cymbal triggers. It was quite fun! Wish I knew how to play drums (I play guitar), but unfortunately I suck pretty badly at them.

Anyhow, I am also an avid recording hobbyist and I play around with the Addictive Drums VSTi so I'll probably be posting sound clips from time to time. Anyhow, just thought I'd introduce myself!

Very nice, and I see that you are already focussing on post, you are practically one of us

Welcome.

I moved your thread from the Lounge, to the Foyer, because this is a more suitable forum

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Forum !! You triggered a Masters kit.... WOW !!!!
      Anyway, Hope you enjoy your time here and keep playin' those drums !!! E.
      Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Welcome aboard WBD
        What DAW are you using?

Comment

What's up Craig! This is my friend who's done my whole acoustic-to-electronic conversion. I need to update my thread with new pics.

BTW, for those interested, we play in a band together called "Comber" (www.comberband.com)

He's the brains behind everything. I just beat on things

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
            Welcome aboard WBD
            What DAW are you using?
            Ableton Live 7

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
              Welcome aboard WBD
              What DAW are you using?
              Like bakerboy said, Ableton Live 7. I run a Windows XP SP2 based laptop with a 2GHz AMD Turion64 dual core processor and 1.5GB RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakerboy View Post
                What's up Craig! This is my friend who's done my whole acoustic-to-electronic conversion. I need to update my thread with new pics.

BTW, for those interested, we play in a band together called "Comber" (www.comberband.com)

He's the brains behind everything. I just beat on things
                Whuttup yo!

I have no brains, I just improvise and get lucky.
                Last edited by WannabeDrummer; 06-25-08, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Nice of you to join u Wannabe. If you got the feel anything is possible.

Comment

Conversion performs well.... And the cymbals seem to perform fine with the Trigger iO.... bakerboy has a good helper... nice job... and welcome.. Cool J
                    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X